Multiplayer stuck on "Login Accepted" screen

Discussion in 'Support!' started by masterofn0ne, December 6, 2014.

1. masterofn0ne

masterofn0ne New Member

When I try to join a multiplayer game, it either does nothing, or it gets stuck on the "Login Accepted" screen, and eventually it kicks me back to the lobby.

I can create games fine, and AI games are quick to load.

Running on a MacBook Pro 2.8 GHZ Intel Core i7 (most recent model). I have tried disabling all of my mods as well, but no change. I am running the game through Steam.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

For AI games, PA uses the local server in your case, since you have 8GB of ram (or 16GB) based on the MacBook Pro specs. That means you only connect the the Uber servers for multiplayer games. I gather is has no trouble logging you in initially when you start PA itself, since you are able to get into the server browser. That means that PA only has trouble connecting to the actual on-line games themselves. Uber uses the port range tcp9000-9100 for that. Could it be that that port range is blocked for you somehow?

Also, take a look in the PA log. It may contain error messages about the connecting. You can find it in "~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log", where ~ means your home-directory. You can upload it here if you like.
  3. masterofn0ne

masterofn0ne New Member

Uploaded the latest log here.

I ran the port scan utility for ports 9000-9100 and did not get a positive confirmation, so that may indeed be the problem. However, I have the firewall on Mavericks turned off, and an internet search has not provided any help for how to unblock those ports.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

4. masterofn0ne

masterofn0ne New Member

Also, just to see if it would work, I turned on my TunnelBear VPN and tried to join the multiplayer lobby, but it crashed every time I tried. Log attached.

Attached Files:

5. masterofn0ne

masterofn0ne New Member

Ok, I think the problem may be that I'm using Virgin Media:

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...not-join-multiplayer-games.56791/#post-878313

Annoying that the typical solution (to use a VPN) is not working for me because of the crashing issue. However, I have gotten the multiplayer games to load using my Vodafone 3G plan with my iPad as a hotspot. This is not ideal, as I'm guessing will be laggy, not to mention more expensive re: data.
  6. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

I had a problem like yours at one time. I watched another users replay and then it worked after that.
  7. DeathByDenim

Actually, it's kind of strange. From the first log you posted:
    So you did connect successfully. It then proceeded to build the planets as far as I can tell.

However, when you used the VPN, it said:
    You probably right that Virgin Media is doing something, but it's kind of weird...
  8. masterofn0ne

masterofn0ne New Member

Not able to watch other users' replays. I get an error and it boots me back into the main screen.
  9. DeathByDenim

10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Interesting this appears to be an issue with Virgin Media in the USA? Are you on their cable service, or using ADSL? I have Virgin Media cable internet in the UK with no problems at all. Very strange issue.