Planetary Stalemate?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by owave, December 5, 2014.

1. owave

owave New Member

Good morning,

Just got the game a few days ago and started to get into the Galactic War mode.

It pretty much gets impossible for me to win if the bot starts on a different planet.
    • I don't have any Orbital Technology yet, so I can only build the Astraeus
    • I don't have any advanced technology yet
    My problem is: Once I get on the planet where the enemy is, everything I get there is destroyed without doing much. I can send units over and over again until the bot finally get's his orbital launcher up. He has access to all orbital units and now destroys any of my orbital units on his planet. But now I have factories on all other planets, so everything he send's to me is also destroyed.

Is there anything I'm missing out or is it plain impossible to win is this situation?
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Spam dropships and dump 500 infernos on its head.
    klavohunter, Remy561 and squishypon3 like this.
  3. phoenix2700

phoenix2700 New Member

You do realize that you can select a bunch of astraeus ships and highlight a bunch of units to pick up and transport?

If you really own all other planets, you should be outpeoducing him badly. Just lift a ton of units and send 'em over there like its d-day in space.

The key to beating the AI when you have no space tech is to rush to as many planets and colonize them as quickly as possible, before the AI gets his orbital up. Then you out-produce him and kill him. Slowly.
  4. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

The Galactic War is quite difficult because of what you mentioned. You're at a tech disadvantage, and it can be very tricky to get a proper invasion going without knowing in advance how you can set about invading an opposing planet

As phoenix said, you can select multiple astraeus to group load (click and drag) a whole group of units, and have them all land simultaneously. Your losses may well end up being pretty massive, but that's PA.

Aim for maybe 200 astraeus for a full blown invasion if you're willing to be patient.
    klavohunter likes this.
  5. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

also, if you own more planets than him, you can probably just carpet bomb his planet with nukes as another option, or even just use nukes to clear out a spot to land your astreus invasion.
  6. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

your assumption is that he has nukes
    klavohunter likes this.