Running over 2 screens like Supreme Commander

Discussion in 'Support!' started by azazl187, December 3, 2014.

1. azazl187

azazl187 New Member

Is there a way that we can run PA over 2 screens like we could on games such as SC? If not is there scope to enable this feature in the future?

Thanks
  2. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

It has been considered but its not a priority... think there may be some performance issues doing it that way and also unfair advantage issues?
  3. azazl187

azazl187 New Member

The game seems to handle the PIP (picture in picture) option well enough but i do understand the comment about the unfair advantage, although you can pick up a second monitor for next to nothing these days.....
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You can mod it, there is a broken mod called nscreen I build that does it, but I am too busy to work on it and the perfroommance requirements are quite heavy.
    carn1x likes this.
  5. azazl187

azazl187 New Member

A broken mod? Does this mean i cannot use it? Link me up if you think it is worth it...

Thanks
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

7. azazl187

azazl187 New Member

Thank you. Ill pass until it works as it should i think ;). But thank you
  8. azazl187

azazl187 New Member

I cannot help but feel this would be a great feature as i could keep an eye on 2 different planets at the same time on 2 screens.
  9. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

This is something the developers want to do, but it has a low priority. The devs prefer to improve the current game for everybody with new features than to add a bonus functionality for a small percentage of the playerbase. So multiscreen functionality will be coming, but only after other high priority stuff has been finished.

Another limiting factor would be the frame rate, which means that the game might need another big optimisation pass before running a second screen would work smoothly. You can already see a reasonable FPS drop when you open the PIP window and that is for that small window. Imagine having to render all those pixels for full screen, which is like 10x as many pixels as the PIP window ;)
  10. azazl187

azazl187 New Member

It would be nice to have the choice dont you think? ;)
  11. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Ofcourse, but I prefer ingame additions than engine additions since I only have one screen atm ;) And since they are a small company, they also have to choose where to put their resources :)
  12. jables

jables Uber Employee

We want to do it in the future, but it is actually a large amount of work to do it cleanly. Lower priority currently :(
    azazl187, slocke, dukyduke and 3 others like this.