[REL] MysticalFists Galactic War Cheats

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by mysticalfists, October 23, 2014.

1. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Howdy,

This is my official mod for Planetary Annihilation. I only play AI Skirmish and Galactic War; however, I noticed a severe lack of cheating options for the Galactic War single player campaign. Even the DevMode options hadn't worked in Galactic War mode when I started this. Due to that, I have created an EXTREMELY overpowered hack for Galactic War.

Note: This mod affects gw_dealer.js!! This is very important since this will likely break any existing mods you may be using for modded Cards and Loadouts!

How It Works:
    This mod adds a tech card called MysticalFists Tech. The mod works by adding one new tech card with a very high drop rate to ensure you receive it as soon as possible, while ensuring the AI does NOT receive the benefit. The mod/tech has the following benefits:
    • Mods Energy/Metal Production/Storage of many units (Infinite Resources).
    • Mods Build Time for most (if not all) units (Instant Build).
    • Mods Health for most (if not all) units (Triple Health).
    • Gives access to (most if not all) units/tech.

With this mod activated I am able to receive access to almost all technology from the first move with instant build times and infinite resources. You can actually win a battle within about a minute even during boss encounters. Just be sure to note that if you have any allied AI, they will also receive these benefits, which can be troublesome if they decide to blow up a planet you're standing on.

ChangeLog:
    - 1.6 Minor update to fix icon, forum link, and correctly list PA v86422 compatible.
    - 1.5 Updated to work with PA v86422.
    - 1.4 Updated to work with PA v82834.
    - 1.1 Updated to work with PA v80462. Removed speed hacks for stability.

DOWNLOAD WITH PAMM LINK BELOW!!~
    Last edited: August 24, 2015
    trialq and rayzone12 like this.
  2. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to trialq! I'd based almost all of my mod off work you'd done in Loadouts and Card hacking. I am curious if I can get this officially listed in PAMM; however, the submission link in your signature is not accepting my DropBox link :(
    trialq likes this.
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That's usually because the Dropbox-link points to a html page containing the actual link to the zip file. If you paste the link in your webbrowser, does it immediately start the download? (while not logged into Dropbox?)
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

mysticalfists likes this.
  5. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

When I tried the download page link, it showed error due to HTML Content; however, when I tried the direct DL link I get, "Corrupted zip : can't find end of central directory"

EDIT:
    Removed two previous edits, but after actually downloading the GitHub app, I was able to get everything setup! Thanks y'all!~
    Last edited: October 23, 2014
  6. stuart98

Just put the png in your root folder (assuming that you want it to be the mod icon) and commit. You can have your modinfo.json point to it.
  7. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Thanks for the encouragement Stuart! Got off my lazy *** and figured it all out. Now I've got it on GitHub, updated the forum thread, and published it to PAMM! Even added the Tech Card icon to the mod itself so it shows in PAMM now too, lol. Hope y'all like cheating cause the game's a fricken breeze with this mod!~

I'm currently looking for ways to add some of these cheats to AI Skirmish without the enemy AI receiving the benefits as well. So far anything I've thought of gives the abilities to your enemy though. Anyone have any suggestions?
  8. stuart98

You could duplicate units with the new stats and make the build.js file link to their jsons rather than the old ones. As long are both are in the unitlist.json the AI will still use the old ones.
  9. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Looking at those files now and I think I see what you're talking about. I'd want to test one or two just to make sure it works. Downside, if it does work it looks like I'd be editing about 100 files, none of which look nice in Notepad++ (they're all 1 single long line of code). Infinite resources will be quick enough though so that's a start!~
  10. stuart98

11. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Perfect! Thanks again and I'll quit crying about how many files there are. Just looked at your Statera mod and that looks like even more work, LoL!

PS: Also a huge Stargate fan!~
  12. neklusa

neklusa New Member

Does this mod work on the latest update as of 10/25/14
  13. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Just tried it. It works <3
    mysticalfists likes this.
  14. llucz

llucz New Member

THIS MOD IS AMAZING! BIG BIG THANKS!

I just have one question. Is it possible to disable the Move Speed?
  15. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Entirely; however, you have to edit gwc_MysticalFists_all.js. The way this mod was written, all hacks for apply to every unit. If you edit out the Nav portion, it'll turn off Move Speed hack for every unit:

Code:
                    mods.push({ // Nav Move Speed
                        file: unit,
                        path: 'navigation.move_speed',
                        op: 'multiply',
                        value: 4
                    });
                    mods.push({ // Nav Break Speed
                        path: 'navigation.brake',
                    });
                    mods.push({ // Nav Acceleration
                        path: 'navigation.acceleration',
                    });
                    mods.push({ // Nav Turn Speed
                        path: 'navigation.turn_speed',
                    });
  16. llucz

llucz New Member

This is awesome !! Thank you !! Thank you !! Thank you !!
  17. wafflyyeti

wafflyyeti New Member

Not sure if this is the place to post a mod issue, I'm new to the game, but just thought i'd let you know about this. When I start galactic warfare, I'm launched into the galaxy screen and I grab the tech provided, but as soon as a start a battle it results in a "draw". I'm using PAMM, and I have no clue how to fix this. Any ideas?
  18. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Perfect place to post the mod issue bud. I haven't played PA in a while so it might be a conflict with a recent update. Just to check, are you using any other mods at the same time?
  19. wafflyyeti

wafflyyeti New Member

Just disabled all other mods and it still doesn't work. Let me try a fresh install of your mod and I'll see if that helps.
  20. wafflyyeti

wafflyyeti New Member

Yep, it worked. Not sure what happened there. The other mods may have caused it as well, so I'll keep those disabled too. Sorry to have bothered you you with this, I should have tried all of that first.