Galatic War, is it broken?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by celticknight, December 1, 2014.

1. celticknight

celticknight New Member

I'm getting into playing Galactic War in PA, and absolutely loving it, with one TINY (albit major) problem.

I don't have avengers. The AI does. and they have defence satellites.

I have no MOBILE way of shooting these satellites down... so unless I make a gradually increasing line of Umbrellas, or a gradually increasing line of my own defence sats, I have no way of countering their sats....

So far.. my response to this has been to Zerg Orbital construction units like MAD. and RUSHBUILD satellites and try and make a foothold. I'm fairly sure this isn't how it's meant to be done.. but for the last 5 games that's exactly what's happened. Slightly retarded. :( (Yes I've actually ringed an entire planet with defense satellites to stop enemy avenger attacks... it's retarded)

WHY can't i build avengers? Is there a mod or something that enables all my units to be constructed in GW?

Or something!
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Fundamentally, it isn't actually finished.

So yeah.

But if you feel up to some advice, when looking at taRGETS TO ATTACK NEXT IN gw, BE ON THE LOok out for single planet systems, even if the other planet is a gas giant, as they will ensure that you don't really need to deal with orbital stuff.

:/ But best of luck man, I know the pain of losing up to 300 orbital transports in a landing attempt, but it does make the feeling of victory oh so sweet.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

No, it is sort of working in that regard.

It is presumed that you don't need avengers technically, they are a luxury. Umbrellas are technically starting tech. Orbital is an upgrade. Astraeus is the only necesary orbital. But, astraeus does recon as sending it to several spots on enemy planets gives you a vision of below them, and it does let you rush a teleporter on an enemy planet, which may questionably work against the enemy air units you may engage. Most the time air kills the teleporter, I have maybe once ever gotten 8 advanced fabbers through and built like 10 flaks before enemy air response. They destroyed it, but lost 100% of their air, then rebuilt and reinvaded.

But, the real suggestion is to just build teleporters as early as possible on both planets, before enemy has orbital set up. Then oppress both planets simultaneously so build-up doesn't occur.

Then again, that is hard on absurd, so you gotta be that much better.

Not saying, I wouldn't suggest them fix that in an update, to give someone avengers even if "cost inflated" to start with.
  4. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

I have found that about 80-90% of my GW matches are without basic orbital. Problem, as it seems to me, is that there are not enough instances of basic orbital tech. I seem to get, at most, one per map (and I play on Uber-sized). Basically, I wind up having to pick between basic orbital or advanced units... and advanced eco is so much more useful than orbital. Now advanced orbital, I find like five of those per map. Idk, maybe it's just rough luck.
  5. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

the thing that I've been seeing recently is the sub commanders don't build anything anymore... has anyone else seen this?