im 80% sure Uber decreased the Gunner's overall health

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Mellowbusiness, February 13, 2011.

1. Mellowbusiness

Mellowbusiness New Member

At least a week ago, i was able to survive assassin grapples in the back with gold armor endorsement, but now even with the gold armor and at full health, i die instantly.

Was there some sort of update that happened a few days ago?
  2. SaintSeiya

SaintSeiya New Member

No. The back grapple you took was dagger, and the one that killed you was most likely sword.
  3. Mellowbusiness

you're wrong, Gunner with gold armor has (or is suppose to) have as much health as a silver armor tank with passive 2 which is enough to survive katana stabs in the face.

now can soeone tell me who actually knows infromation whats going on?
  4. harpy515

harpy515 New Member

There are a couple things that could have happened. 1 like SaintSeiya said you probably took a dagger last time and a sword this time. Another is a gunner cannot survive a lunge/grapple combo in the back, which is another possibility for what happened.

Also Uber would not just drop the health of the gunner. Plus I don't think they can without some sort of update, unless its one of the things they can control like the color of bullseye.
  5. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

If they're using Cloak 3, and hit you with a lunge from Cloak, it's going to crit. Crit Lunge into a back grapple is going to hurt. If they have a critical shot endorsement, it's going to hurt even more.
  6. Mellowbusiness

what you guys seem to not understand is i am at FULL HEALTH when the Assassin katana-grapples me, no one else shoots me, no bots shoot me JUST THE ASSASSIN!

Many Gunner guides state Gunner can survive a Katana grapple only with a Gold Endorsement and at full health.

can someguy/girl from Uber confirm this?
  7. Ian

Ian New Member

Yes, and people have explained it to you.

Crits, lunge, or crits and lunge. Gold Armor doesn't make you invincible
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

^This. Also... This^.

But hey, which version are you playing? Xbox right? I don't know a page with exact info on that, but i'm pretty sure they buffed assassin's damage to the back of opponents (lunges and slashes hitting the back of the opponent). I think this kills you now. Solution is switch to tank, keep your back against a wall, stay with teammates, or make sure to look around and keep good reaction time to jump and slam against an enemy assassin's appearance.

I don't think a dev is going to randomly walk in here, but I can't say I tried unless I PM them.
  9. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Any person who has played Assassin can confirm the fact that a Gunner CANNOT survive a Sword back grapple, even with full health and gold armor. The only exceptions are if the Gunner is juiced or overhealed.
  10. IrradiatedRadex

IrradiatedRadex New Member

11. Tadferd

Tadferd New Member

This is true.

According to the MNC Wiki. Both the Gunner and Tank have a base health of 700. Gold armor adds 300 health. With Gold armor but no passive, a tank cannot survive a back grapple from a katana. Ergo, neither can a Gunner.

To back this up, I've back grapple killed Gunners with Gold armor and have been killed by back grapples while playing Gunner with Gold armor.
  12. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

We have not touched the balance of the Gunner.
  13. spookyspectre11

spookyspectre11 New Member

thus ending this thread...thank you
  14. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

[​IMG]

Well played! Next time, don't play with a swamp deck.
  15. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

gunner can only survive front grapples with gold armor.. not sure with the shruiken launcher grapple etc.. (might be wrong)

Most sword grapples from behind are insta kill with the exception of tank gold/silver armor/passive 3.

Gunner will always have less health over tank due to passive 2/3

Gunner has more offence then tank though so wouldnt complain
    Gunner: acc/rate/crt all benefits for him with deploy and dual mini
    Tank: Health regen/Armor/Skill/Rate benefit him for endorsements the most
    (Not recommended all the time but they boost up what is already strong)
  16. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

I'm 80% sure you were staring at the sins booty while she sword stabbed your face off. :mrgreen:
  17. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I'm fairly sure silver armor passive 2 on a tank leaves you with melee-able health.
  18. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Melee a tank though. Tell me how easy it is.

It's not like Street Fighter, where when you finish grappling and they have no health, you can just chip their health with any special. You both are standing afterwards, lunging isn't even a gurantee when he has a charge. I would "running palm" into a "hadouken" (charge, grapple, product nade). Although if i was being serious i'd probably just deathblossom.
  19. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Nobody said it was like Street Fighter.

Also, 'ying' isn't a word.