[Suggestion] The Armory's full potential

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Zaphys, November 27, 2014.

?

Would you like to have a richer Armory together with expendable XP points obtained in ranked games?

1. Yes, absolutely.

30 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Only if... (explain reason).

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. No.

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  4. I don't care.

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

I am firmly against any sort of treadmill content. If a game requires that for longevity it does not have enough going for it on its own and should suffer the consequences. That said, I am for cosmetic rewards for achievements in ranked play, such as special skins/effects/whatever for the top ten players and special feats pertaining to win-ratios etc.
    Hell, how about some official 'Funday Monday'-like stuff with special rulesets, a separate sub-ladder and cosmetic rewards?

TL;DR: Keep your CoD out of my PA, thank you very much.
  2. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

This is precisely what this post is all about ;) Sorry if the phrasing sounded like something else.
    vyolin likes this.
  3. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

A very interesting read concerning the potential use of the Armory (a good approximation to "the key to get it right" in the second page under the "Cosmetic item store" section):

http://www.pcgamer.com/microtransactions-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

In the PC Gamer survey of microtransaction systems in games they say that having a cosmetics store is "A straightforward, easily understood transaction that doesn't unbalance the game. Ideal.".