Sub Commanders do nothing

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Dryani, October 3, 2014.

1. Dryani

Dryani New Member

Hey guys, my dad and I love the game.

My sub commanders do nothing at all. They land, move a bit, and then just stand still.

Game Mode: Galactic War
    Size: Uber
    Difficulty: Absurd
    Recurrence: Every time (about 5 different galactic wars so far)

- Steam file cache integrity verified
    - No other bugs or glitches noticed
    - No mods or add-ons installed

It'd be great if this could be fixed. My last challenge is to beat the galactic war with the largest size and highest difficulty, but have confirmed that it's practically impossible without at least one working sub commander.

- Dryani
  2. Dryani

Dryani New Member

Anybody have any ideas? Am I the only one this happens to?
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

All the AI stuff is being calculated server side, so I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about it yourself. Well, other than making or voting for a bug report. Is it this one by any chance?
    PA#3508
  4. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Afaik Support commanders run on normal AI (regardless of other AI difficulty).
    Normal AI in particular has a tendency to get "stuck".
    They can also be hindered by lack of all basic factories.

While this does happen to my support commanders ocassionaly, I never had it happen with "every game in 5 uber sized wars". At tops I had it happen with 2 systems in a row (and I could clearly see where the AI propably got stuck/confused based on building placements/area/terrain).
    They worked acceptably in the other 95% of all games.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I've seen them get stuck on occasion, and limited technology doesn't always play well with an AI tuned for everything. However, from what I can make out in the code, support coms are configured like Absurd, but without the eco bonuses (they get the bonuses from your technology)
  6. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

If absurd was balanced for a game with the eco-bonuses that would explain while thier performance has been sub-par without the eco bonus techs/efficiency techs.
  7. lapantouflemagic

lapantouflemagic Active Member

i have exactly the same problem, a fix would be great !
  8. panzermagierxvii

panzermagierxvii New Member

Yarp, been playing galactic war a lot. I've confirmed on multiple difficulties that Sub commanders only work if you have access to air tech. Hope they change their AI behaviour so that they work with the tech available to you. It's kinda sad because General commander loadout is pretty much useless unless you find air tech...
  9. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It's being fixed. No worries. See this post by Sorian (the AI guy). The next PTE will contain fixes, so please test it there. Apparently, the next PTE will (probably) be tomorrow.