here is the story of my coolest loss, what's yours?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by judicatorofgenocide, November 29, 2014.

1. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

Ok I'm playing a 1v1 on zaphod. I'm kicking this guy's a$$. I have kicked him off the ice planet.

I have a multitude of t2 bots fighters bombers patrolling my planet.

I also have double the orbital fighters.

I have easily double the income and the moon locked down.

I can't get a teleporter built so I'm getting ready to smash the moon into him.

Until low and behold he sneaks a teleporter in a unpatrolled area of my planet, and here come a thousand boom bots.

I get my commander picks and in orbit with like 20% health remaining with my eagle eye and cat like reflexes.

Whew close call but now your a$$ is mine I'm thinking. When all the sudden like 10 orbital fighters enter orbit past my defences and my entire space fleet and focus snipe my commander.

Boom 1_2 knock out punch from a all but defeated opponent that leaves my jaw on the floor.

Major props to who ever it was.

Couldn't say gg after the match and was so frustrated by that fact it was the most skilled multi step snip I've seen.

The timing and guessing or foresight involved left me awe struck.

Ok now lets here your stories.

Side note, why all the most epic games I play I lose by the skin of my teeth with victory at hand?

Gotta love pa such an epic game, funny how immediate frustration can tip to joy when the shock of defeat slips away.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

3. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

theres no such thing as a cool loss. i might be calm on the outside but on the inside i'm this guy

EDIT: i'm not calm on the outside either but i cant remember **** :D
    Last edited: November 29, 2014
    kothanlem likes this.
  4. toric55

toric55 Member

had gotten a late star due to being the only one sharing a planet (4 way ffa). anyway, my starting planet was smash able, so i started building the halls, anticipating a move off planet. there was a metal planet though, and yellow was able to lock it down and start building catalysts. by the time he had finished the 4th one, i had just sent my comm and a few units through the teleporter, and thought, "may as well go out in a blaze of glory," so i smashed yellow comm. now obviously, i lost after that due to having just smashed my home planet, (and the fact that i was behind in the first place) but i did get a few thanks from the victor. (probably the best smash I've done)
  5. lafncow

lafncow Active Member

I had a stand-off with the AI owning 2 moons and me owning the main planet. I couldn't invade because they had too much orbital and air control, the best I could do was keep dropping orbital radars on them to get sneak-peaks. Using that, I started taking pot-shots with nukes. I finally targeted their commander and launched. While in transit, they dropped 3 nukes on my head and took me out...then my nuke landed on them and destroyed their commander. The AI technically got the win, but it was a good fight. :)
    cdrkf likes this.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Mutually assured destruction :)
  7. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Me vs. @nicb1 vs. @mered4 on his first time trying out the Orbital Warfare Overhaul mod. We're playing on four different planets orbiting a gas giant (each planet is smashable) and we all started on different planets. Mered wipes nicb1 out about halfway through, but then has trouble with me because I have part of the gas giants and a sizeable orbital fleet. I then start spamming anti-nukes all over my planet and start building halleys. Mered wasn't able to stop me from building the halleys in time, but he was able to fire enough nukes to bypass my antinukes. So I fling my planet at his, commander still on it and kill us both. I think my commander was closer to the impact point or something because I lost rather than it being a tie. Still fun though!
    mered4 likes this.
  8. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

One of my first games I was in a 5 player ffa and managed to carve a place for myself on my planet, but only after a longish fight with 2 other people. Shortly after that the guy who fled one of the other planets shows up and starts forcibly evicting me. I finish my teleporter and step through as my outer base starts getting chewed up. I snap my camera to commander on my new home and zoom out just in time to see the teleporter gate I'd just entered quickly closing the distance to me. I apparently didn't pay very close attention when I chucked that orbital fabber out there :p
  9. xankar

xankar Post Master General

My coolest loss was when I killed the enemy commander with my commander, but ended up getting my commander destroyed by the enemy commander's explosion. Needless to say, I lost.

gg, uber rank went down to 50 because of that. boo ༼ง=ಠ益ಠ=༽ง
  10. Geers

Geers Post Master General

My coolest loss was on a 3v3 on one planet. My teammates died but I managed to survive on a planet controlled by 3 enemies with essentially no base until it all got obliterated by an Annihilaser.
  11. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

You forgot about the part where I almost halleyed into mered4's planet but was stoped only inches from collision by a timely nuke.
  12. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Ah yes, I did! Sorry about that!
  13. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

This one time I won a game where I was kicked off the main planet and controlled 1/5 planets in the system. How do I win? He left his com in his astreus #rekt
  14. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That's not a loss. Read! :p
  15. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

Best part about this video quote is how FPS Doug is absolute **** at RTS... I can't remember how many times Pwnerer had to go over the RPS system of ground units before he got it. That said he might get this game because you CAN snipe!

Oh, sorry, coolest loss ever. I don't think I'm good enough to have had one of these yet...
  16. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

I know what he asked for
    was posting on behalf on the other guy
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  17. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I've never lost, notably because I have never played a multiplayer match.
  18. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

mine was.... max players FFA one moon planet i knew i would not last long so i bunkerd down! Anti-air anti-nuke short-range attillrey and Defense turrets and i could not forget about Walls! oh no! i have a wall around my hole base! but...it was 3 walls thick and every attack i rebuild and repaired it ended it where it was me and one guy left after 10 minuts of never ending units he over powerd my defenses by destroying all my AA towers then gunships whent in....that was a fun game