Gigantic - The next SMNC?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by poiuasd, October 3, 2014.

1. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

open betas seem to mostly be fan service anyway.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Fan's sure as **** don't return the favor. So I agree it should either be an honest gesture that does decrease the likely end result of the game, or simply not have it and do better off anyway.

What I do hate though, is EA trying to do fan service by beta'ing a finished game. You basically just tricked fans into giving you brownie points. I would bake them brownies alright... made of choco-lax.
  3. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

My experience with the few beta testings that I've played a part of is quite the opposite. Small developers like Motiga just simply do not have the resources to deal with a chunk of the stuff that the testers from outside the studio come up with.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

My experience still lies with SMNC and RenX and PA. All could have less monkeys on their asses without an open beta. In my opinion, they all did right by open beta too, open beta means the public gets to see, it's not their fault the public can't handle it.
  5. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I'd rather just never know about the game before it's released. Unfortunately, I also want to play it if I DO find out about it. an interesting conundrum.