Gandalfs Map Pack [Custom Maps]

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by reptarking, November 28, 2014.

1. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Hey so I am taking requests for custom maps. Things I need to know if you have a request.

Current Work:
    Team Arena V .13 https://forums.uberent.com/threads/gandalfs-custom-maps.66207/#post-1038877
    Prof X V .1 https://forums.uberent.com/threads/gandalfs-custom-maps.66207/page-2#post-1039187
    IceAge V1 https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...iceage-v1-6-1v1-map.66207/page-2#post-1039645
    Snow Area V1.1 https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...-updated-team-arena.66207/page-2#post-1039900
    Canyon Wars V1.3 https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...-updated-team-arena.66207/page-3#post-1040375
    Kingdoms Collide V1 https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...updated-v-of-iceage.66207/page-4#post-1041396

First put [req] at the front of your post so I can better identify it.

I need what size you want, small medium large planet wise. It seems easier to do large and medium custom planets because csgs scale on how close to the pole they are in a way.

Base biome you want. I can only add forests if I use earth base. Water and lava pools also are start biome based and to get good lakes it will take much longer.

What csg themes you want. I.e. metal, lava, ice, desert.

Game type

Number of teams and spawns per team. If you want a 2 army map then play it with three it will not work properly.

Metal preferences. None. Some. In spawn only. Normal. High. Metal everywhere for everyone!!!

Please only post requests here for single planets at a time. If you want a full multiple planet system then you will need to wait much longer.

I will put my mark on all planets somewhere, please do not remove this as I take pride in my work.

If you want to use one of my maps as a template please ask me privately and leave my mark there if all possible.
    Last edited: December 5, 2014
    n00n, Clopse, drz1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

[REQ] lava planet with interesting land bridges symmetrical, large and meant for 1v1 metal spread use your best judgement same with number of spawns also perhaps another version for 2v2? *edited*
    Last edited: November 28, 2014
  3. endurrr

endurrr Active Member

yoooouuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DIDNT PUT [REQ]
  4. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

ya I totally just skimmed the post xD sorry... its fixed now ^^ where is everyone else for requests? certainly after some map makers have been making some crazy things you would think there would be lots of requests...
  5. reptarking

Im going to be releasing a Map pack on all my public maps on PAMM in a few days! look out for that, but first im going to take some screen shots of Team Arena V.11
    drz1, Murcanic and cptconundrum like this.
  6. reptarking

Team Arena v.13 UPDATEDDDDDDDDDD
    [​IMG]
    ^^ Main Map Overview
    [​IMG]
    ^^ Ice Lane
    [​IMG]
    ^^ Lava Lane
    [​IMG]
    @cptconundrum beating me down im brown... he is ahead by far

Attached Files:

Last edited: December 2, 2014
    dukyduke, Zaphys, snierke and 16 others like this.
  7. elodea

elodea Post Master General

request:
    release that team arena map already. beta version it if need be :). Most fun i ever had in a map.
    reptarking likes this.
  8. reptarking

@elodea

@cptconundrum is making me a mappack thing since i am severly inept at that stuff.

@murcanic i cannot make your map due to new limitations on lava water hieght locked in at 33. also subractive brushes cannot move lava like water can be moved with them.
    warrenkc likes this.
  9. PrinceAAwe

PrinceAAwe Member

Awesome map :3 Good work!
  10. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

@reptarking You can't change the slider but you can manually edit the text field to change lava height.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  11. reptarking

oooo okay sweet, need a full lava planet to make island hoping map
  12. reptarking

Any map requests people? i only got 1 lined up atm and i might not be able to do it due to limitations sooooooo i need ideas!
  13. thefluffybunny

thefluffybunny Active Member

I intend to learn how to do such stuff myself, but it looks like you have it down already, so until (if) I catch up, here's my idea. Best explained with a picture.

[req] spawn at poles, metal evenly distributed across the planet to encourage expansion, spiral that alternates between land-mass and water (in the hope water ups its game at a future date). - basically creates a long tug of war, extended settons clutch land bridge. Think the map would have to be relatively small else would become and absolute slog-fest, and too air dominated. The spirals are relatively wide, so pelter can fire from one shore to teh other, but only just enough to make it a viable tactic rather than a dominating one. Think 4 v 4 (or 3v3 depending on orbital) - so one goes land, one air, one sea, one orbital.

[​IMG]
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  14. reptarking

Really good idea I'll make a quick thing for you tomorrow and screen shot it with the idea all laid out and see what you think.
    tatsujb likes this.
  15. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

yeah, good idea. I for one, totally want to try that map out!
  16. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Excellent work, so this will be available as long as we have the system sharing mod?
    Kudos for taking requests, as some people don't have the patience or skill to make exciting custom maps (me included!)
    I hope that the best maps can be officially incorporated somehow.
  17. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Map packs are separate mods that you download on PAMM. They will automatically install System Sharing if you don't have it already.
    drz1 likes this.
  18. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

thanks, I'll take a look
  19. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

[REQ] Make a "themed" map. So something that looks like say, a mining facility on a desert planet or something, with a lot of metal around a central node, and scarce metal everywhere else. And then have decent terrain and choke points. Kind of a "king of the hill" style map.

EDIT: I'll probably make my own version of this as well, lol.
  20. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

So I just finished my version of the map in my above post, but I can't seem to run it. Can someone else try importing it and seeing if they can run it? Because if you can't I've got a bug report to file...

Attached Files: