Near bacon experiences.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by TemptedNZ, February 12, 2011.

1. TemptedNZ

TemptedNZ New Member

Was playing a game before and we were doing pretty well, it was OT (it happens =/) and I was busy pushing players who were closing on our base away when something dropped BACON!

Salivating at the thought of its delicious bacony goodness I scrambled towards it, eager to enjoy its meatyness in my mouth.

The Jackbot who was standing on it had other ideas and as I flew through the air screaming "Nooooooo BAAACCOOOOON" we ended up winning, denying me its delicious flavour forever, a lost bacon, left untasted.

I am crushed, I weep openly before you.
    Console me.
    :(
  2. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

"Oh hey, Bacon!"
    - Juiced Support from around the corner, shotgun to face.
    FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
  3. fischbs

fischbs New Member

4. Waddle Waddle

Waddle Waddle New Member

Granted I am stoned as hell right now, but that may have been the greatest, more hilarious OP I've ever read in my entire life. Sir, I commend you and your amazing story of amazingness.

My "Near Bacon Experience" wasn't nearly as exciting.

Playing tank, see bacon, grab baco-HEADSHOT!

Sniper gets bacon. I cry.
  5. Rammite

Rammite New Member

Do doo doo. Leisurely playing Tank. Product Nade/Railgun a Jackbo- HI-OH, BACON!

JET CHARGE AND RUN LIKE A MADMAN, BUT THEN SUDDENLY, THREE EYED MASKED GIRL!

She attempts to facestab me, locking me in grapple while my teammate Assassin runs over and picks up my well-deserved bacon.

I kill my opponent, but not before my baconized teammate gets facestabbed herself.
  6. Esham

Esham New Member

I remember the first time i got bacon then promptly died being a team player.

Little did i know it was only effective for one life.

so sad.
  7. Arkanfel

Arkanfel New Member

I think I've only picked it up once, and when I did I must not have realized it because I couldn't describe/explain it now to save my soul. I didn't even know there was bacon until like 12 hours in.
  8. Batistuta

Batistuta New Member

I got my total of 2 bacons in the first 2 or 3 days of playing mnc.Didn't see bacon ever again.
  9. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

My experience exactly
  10. zanarias

zanarias Member

I've gotten a lot of bacons over my life time...but I have had "Near Bacon Experiences."

It's a pretty solid round. Everything's going pretty awesome, I'm Support, end up having to take down a jackbot pretty much by myself because nobody else is doing anything about it. I do it successfully.

It drops Bacon.

I go to grab it.

0 and 14 Assault comes out of nowhere (my team) and takes it, and then prances back off to the battlefield.

30 or so seconds later he is 0 15.

I was not happy.
  11. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Oh dear, I've had that happen too.

Except the idiot almost instantly ran himself off the map...

[​IMG]
  12. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

If it was OT you had the effects of bacon already. You gain all gold endorsements in OT. Except Juice now I think...
  13. TemptedNZ

TemptedNZ New Member

It's not the effects I yearn for, it is the simple yet overwhelming delight of receiving bacon.

Proverbs 7:14 Thou shalt eatith the bacon like their is no tomorrow.

A squandered bacon is a bacon you can never get back, you will always in the game of life be down one bacon.

Very emotional.

I hope the sharing of our bacon loss will bring us closer together, make us stronger and give us the will to jump back on the Bacon horse, riding him to victory.
  14. taste

taste New Member

ya i did something like that on my first bacon too, just as i picked it up, i was rung out by our teams ejector.
  15. acanadianguy

acanadianguy New Member

Hot off the press.

How about those watermarks eh? :twisted:

Attached Files:

16. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

+1 respect.
  17. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i saw the bacon floating above the ground, i see some 1-20 assassin picking up the coins i charge and aim for the bacon missing it but killing the assasin leaving the tasty treat open for me, myself and i, i actually lived in this story though
  18. Frey

Frey New Member

I was beating the ever loving stuffing out of Bullseye from afar when out of the blue a wad of bacon was next to some Tank(my team) doing his "I LIVE FOR THIS" taunt, I tried rushing there, but as a gunner my short stubby legs denied me the bacon I longed for. The tank finished his taunt, ate the bacon, then decided to lane with the bots, only to be ejected.

This was pretty much my face watching him be ejected with that sweet bacon being wasted...
    [​IMG]
  19. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

Today I got a piece of bacon.
    2 seconds later, overtime started.

Does that count? :(
  20. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i feel sorry for you :(