Current work update - 11/18/14

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, November 18, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

What is the vision for the system editor? I specifically want want to know if there is a planet list planned. It's really hard to click on small planets, but I don't want to make one if Uber is going to do it.
  2. PrinceAAwe

PrinceAAwe Member

Guys how do I see the leaderboard?
  3. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Just download the pte and click on multiplayer. It should show up there as an option.
  4. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Any eta on the next "server" update? :)
  5. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

The updates are much appreciated Jables. Is there any chance for a broad longer term update sometime soon? Or was there one already and I missed it?

Long term items that I'm wondering about the most:

1. Are there any plans for another pass on biomes, particularly for improved art and maybe some sort of functional differences between biomes?

2. I know naval is due for at least a little brush up ... but is there any traction for completely re-thinking the roles of naval and orbital? They're awkward and not very well implemented, to say the least.

3. Is there any realistic chance of improving transports (in general) at this point? The single unit Astraeus is ok, but what about big multi-unit invaders? What about SupCom style external transports? Or naval transports? Or, dare I say it ... the unit cannon?

4. Most importantly, modding - what can be expected on this front? Even if the answer to all of the above is "not going to happen," is it possible to enable modders to take these projects up with some expectation of success?

5. Bonus question: When is Uber going to announce its intentions to begin development on PAs equivalent of Core Contingency or Forged Alliance? This week or next?
    draiwn and Planktum like this.
  6. Yuuzhantar

Yuuzhantar New Member

Please please please please

Rewrite your pathfinder for ground units.

Hundreds of units stay blocked by obstacles like cliffs or rifts instead get around.

Every time I send an army somewhere, half of this stay in the middle of the path
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Could you provide exact examples? It's most helpful if you can post a replay id. Or at least a screenshot of the situation.
    Clopse and squishypon3 like this.
  8. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Jables: please work on naval it would make a huge difference in the current game!
  9. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I'd say one thing a a time. Polish the system editor and all and then put some of the resources in naval balance if you can.
  10. vasyaq

vasyaq New Member

ITS VERY BIG BUG SERVER !!!
    Fix server slow fps when unit in game have more 3000 ore 4000 unit server very slow(no me pc) .
    I mean it's always when I play more than 30 minutes for 4-7 players accumulated more than 4000 units and the server slows scared to play all lag.
  11. jables

jables Uber Employee

Different resources on these two.. That being said, both are being worked on :p
    Remy561, ace63 and Zaphys like this.
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Want help testing? I'd be happy to lend a hand. I have a small army of testers in the Realm, ya know :D

Actually. I'll.....send you a PM. I have an idea. It's....interesting. To say the least.
    Planktum likes this.