Empire Mode

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mjshorty, August 4, 2014.

1. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

The commander should definitely blow up, and then everything will be allied to you- one person shouldn't have more than one com unless he is playing team armies and his friend leaves.
  2. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

I honestly doubt it will be a problem, the PA community is a really nice community. The thing is that enemy factions can kill that persons comm and get him back to their side. (To note, if they kill the emperor, that empire will take the entire empire)

"But then if they can kill the comm, you can just run the comm into their base"

God why do these things have to be so hard? lol
  3. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

It's like dynamic alliances, except you force them to be your friend :D
    mjshorty likes this.
  4. endurrr

endurrr Active Member

How about reclaiming the commander? It could represent a sort of "hacking" the commander, and would be very hard to do. The commander would have to be at least 75% health to successfully assimilate him.
  5. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

Just so you know, those numbers popped up as links for my iPhone to call =__= effing weird...

Edit: fixed the effed up quotes
    Last edited: October 6, 2014
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

7. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

I didn't make a call... Not gonna since it's likely to cost me.

& that is really friggin odd (the quotes...) not sure how that happened o_O
  8. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

9. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Imagine taking someone over who has no idea how to manage academy, and the moment you kill them it drags your eco down to nothing and completely screws you over :O
  10. mjshorty

The player becomes an ally, each person has their own resource pool, and any extra resources go to their allies. If you want "teammates" thats also easy to do but i think players would prefer that less like you just mentioned.
  11. moonwerewolf

moonwerewolf Member

I try imagine how this would work, I don't think the snow ball effect will be that bad, since you probably need to destroy a ton of stuff before you can get to the commander, at least in the early game. I don't know about the late game.
  12. mjshorty

*glorious imperial bump* (muahahaha)
  13. CrazyVulcan

CrazyVulcan Active Member

You take out commander after commander till all are under your command. So, then at the end of the game everyone wins? Yea friendship!

Though I can think of a trick or two to troll a game mode like this. not that I would

Like if I wanted to change teams why not just walk my commander over to the waiting embrace of another player and then all my stuff switches sides?
  14. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

I love the premise, but it should come with penalties and conditions of success so it's not just a case of sniping the opposition as fast as possible; something like a Capture Point system so you have to be near the opposing commander with a superior ground force before you can capture him
  15. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Pretty sure this was suggested way back when in alpha days or before when Uber asked what sorts of game mode we'd like to see.

It was an awesome idea then, and it's an awesome idea now. Make it happen Uber (or just leave it for the modders).
  16. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

Even though snow balling would be an issue , I think this could be pretty fun with large amounts of players.
  17. calmesepai

calmesepai Member

I don't think snow balling would be an issue in fact would improve game play due to faster ending if one player gets the upper hand since not much of a need to build up to take on next player.

Taking on sub commanders would have to be an option since leaves open to trolls
    Last edited: November 22, 2014
    xankar and Quitch like this.
  18. mjshorty

Well, i find it annoying to be wiped out early in a 10 player FFA and want to experience the *big-end-game* and this is one way to do it =)

(not to mention there can be 40 players as well)
  19. mjshorty

Modz pleaze i need this mode xD
  20. kaminfreunde

kaminfreunde Active Member

Just saw it, definitely sounds awesome! And I'm a fan of getting some more game modes into PA.