PTE build 75134-main (please post feedback and bugs here)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, November 17, 2014.

1. Yaegz

Yaegz Active Member

Loving the new ranked system. However, I have a few hopes that I believe many people share. Firstly, I really hope that the leader board will give more information than what is currently shown. I would love more statistics. Also, more than 3 maps would be ideal, with varying sizes or characteristics. Although, I think this will be improved upon greatly once custom metal placement is possible.
  2. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I had this bug as well, I had custom skybox, favourite color and PAstats enabled. Will test.

Allright, with everything enabled, the difficulty settings worked fine this time. But I couldn't select a color for the AI or myself.

Can confirm, favourite color mod gave me the problem, disabling it made everything work flawlessly. Re-enabling it gave the problem again. @DeathByDenim

EDIT:
    Not so sure anymore, after retrying/relaunching everything worked fine with all mods enabled.

After clicking 100 times it sometimes starts to work.

EDIT2.0:
    I tried it 3 times with the favourite colour mod and 3 times without.
    Without: no problems
    With: 2/3 tries the menu didn't respond.

Hope it helps ;)
    Last edited: November 18, 2014
  3. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

i dont have favorite colors, and i have little to no problem with hotbuild and skybox...it could very well be favorite colors
  4. stawos

stawos Member

Is there a way to view the rankings pages out of game? URL? would be very useful to have that option for streamers and to keep an eye on ladder if you're unable to play at the moment.
    ViolentMind likes this.
  5. Kryoclasm

Kryoclasm New Member

I will
    I willl disable my mods next time and let you know if it is a vanilla issue. Sorry I didn't think of that first.
    mkrater likes this.
  6. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

What way would you nerf them then? Im fine with other ways of nerfing fighters and making airunits and aircombat look more realistic and more wysiwyg.
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Tried it seven times now with just Favourite Colour enabled. It worked seven times without problems for me, so I can't repro. I just click [SINGLE PLAYER] -> [AI SKIRMISH], wait for the AI to join and change the difficulty. If you do it in a different way, let me know in the Favourite Colour Mod thread.
    Remy561 likes this.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I think it's as much an issue with the fact that the missile flies around its target before hitting, leading to delays in target death and likely overkill as a result.
  9. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

So you want chaff, radar vs heat and outcomes determined by economic power?

Can we ban the word realistic yet?
    rivii, elodea and mjshorty like this.
  10. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

I want expansion and proxy gameplay back soooooooo bad.
    cwarner7264 and optimi like this.
  11. endurrr

endurrr Active Member

How do I test this stuff D: I wanna help too
  12. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

If you're using uber's launcher, just switch from stable to PTE in the little dropdown menu and boot the game.

If you're using steam, sometimes you can right click the game and in options somewhere tell it to boot from a 'beta' version, and choose PTE, but not every PTE build gets put on steam.
  13. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

this 1 is.
  14. elodea

elodea Post Master General

I played FA the other day for the first time and a big thing that annoyed me was the 'realism' of the planes. You couldn't control their movement, predict where they were going to go, what and when they were going to shoot, and it essentially gave aa an effective range way beyond their weapon range such that planes couldn't protect your land units without everything over shooting into the enemy base and dying. Air combat was more like air soup. It was a really frustrating mechanic to deal with and I don't see how at all it is transparent to the player.

If you want to talk about how I would change fighters in PA while keeping the current paradigm, reduce hp and dmg small ammount by same x%. Though you would still have to remember that bombers are currently cost effective mainly because you can fighter meat shield, and removing that could possibly make bombers very unviable. They are already slightly unviable in 1v1 when both players know how to play the air game, and you see that with people building compositions of 9000 fighters and only 1 bomber. So who knows if that is a good move or not.

Buffing land aa is out of the question because it would increase their effectiveness against everything else as well (bombers and t2 air).

What i would do instead is actually not so simple because I think atm there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to air, namely the t2 viability problem. I would instead look to change the t1 bomber for a t1 gunship in order to give us some space to then play with changing the fighter. And now you have an air unit that is more reliable when it comes to supporting ground units and harassing.

This is just a roughly thought out opinion though, and might not be the best one. Because i've already learnt to adapt and deal with the fighter spam successfully, I've not given much thought to this.

*This is getting a bit offtopic, so to add something ontopic, i love the balance changes in this pte. Really good job in that area by uber.
    Last edited: November 19, 2014
    Quitch and pieman2906 like this.
  15. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Ahem, oh, never mind. Found something. Will fix soon. Yeah, it's likely my mod's fault. Sorry about that. My computer was just too fast to notice the slowdown in the selection of AI difficulty. Just keep clicking. :)
    cwarner7264 and Remy561 like this.
  16. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

I am almost 100% sure that When he joined the lobby I should be there with him (I was playing PA at that time aswell and got matched really fast) anyway to answer you question. I clicked accept and didn't connect me to the lobby. I didn't have connection issues or any other errors for that matter. The timer went to 0 and nothing happened.
  17. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

@jables Are there plans to let us select and place CSGs in the system editor from a list of all available CSGs instead of just copying existing ones around? I know this would probably need a bit of interface work but it would be much nicer to be able to choose exactly the brushes you want.
  18. empyreanguard

empyreanguard Member

Hey, can you upload high quality screenshots of the 3 pics without the UI with best graphics possible? :D
  19. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

You have assumed wrong. We can't ban words. Better luck next time.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I had the same thing and was watching the UI debugger while it happened. No js errors, but no messages as well. Looked like the UI was waiting for some message and never got it.