Air has ...very serious issues with pathfinding.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tatsujb, November 10, 2014.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

it's not consistent game to game. this is of course another one of those effects of server lag.

sure I might make a video.
  2. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Ummm, okay you know how if you have say 50 dox in a group on a moon, if you move them around they stay in a grid formation? Air does the same thing. It's part of the flow-fieldish pathing system.

This thing that OP is talking about is when you issue a move order and the planes stop, not to remake a formation but something about recomputing a path. (I actually have not seen that particular problem in quite a while).
  3. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Last I heard the game would rather let the units run of in roughly the right direction or slow down the Sim Speed till pathing caught up then let something like that happen.
    We even had a discussion recently about the pathing prefering movent in "roughly the right direction" over just standing, waiting for the perfect path.
    The bug as explained goes against every bit of understanding about the pathfinding I have.