Why I love the Uber/PA forums.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by squishypon3, November 10, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I spend nearly all of my day here, I recognize all the names, and it feels like a family of some sort here. We all know each other to some extent, someone I just see once I end up remembering their profile picture, and every time someone changes their icon it feels like they got plastic surgery. ;) (okay way over exaggeration xD )

Anyway, I just love how no matter what we say to each other, what topic were discussing we (almost) always end up as one again. Someone you had been vigorously arguing against yesterday about the ladder, you could be defending their aarguments the next on balance, and so on... I just wanted to say that this forum has been such a great experience and is the best thing to kill time in class. :D

In the end we all want PA to succeed and better itself, stay classy folks. C:
    badfucatus, devoh, LavaSnake and 15 others like this.
  2. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

I love you guys too bring on the cheese.:D By the way after Remembrance Day I'm changing my avatar to old but new one.;)

edit: removed my Poppy as is traditional to do after the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.
    Last edited: November 11, 2014
    squishypon3 likes this.
  3. nateious

nateious Active Member

I don't know hardly anyone! I should come here more often. I do want PA to succeed though. Hurray for PA!
    squishypon3 likes this.
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You all drive me insane in the best possible way <3
    LavaSnake, tatsujb, lokiCML and 5 others like this.
  5. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I lurk a lot these days due to work, but I still come back every couple hours to see what's going on. Been here for a while now, and for so e reason I keep coming back. I just need time to sit down and play again. :)
    squishypon3 likes this.
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I agree, this is a very good forum, unlike some I've been apart of.

It actually drove me to make a couple mods due to popular (read: loud) demand (anti-popcorn, amd brightness fix). not very often I can be motivated to work on a project that isn't entirely my own.
    cdrkf and cwarner7264 like this.
  7. sierra159

sierra159 Member

I love this forum. It serves as my annual cheese to go with my daily ham. I lurked on here for god knows how long before I finally started posting.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  8. neapolitanfrenchfrie

neapolitanfrenchfrie Well-Known Member

Even though I'm not a super big RTS guy I still like to lurk and see Uber's progress and stuff.
    Mnc2pls???
  9. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I may not post constantly (Although i'm constantly lurking), but I definitely recognise most of the posters on these forums. And yes it confuses me as well when someone goes and changes their profile picture.
    squishypon3 and emraldis like this.
  10. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

I lurk basically everyday xD I post when i feel I need to xD I love this game and hang on to every new announcement knowing this game will get better and better as time goes on :) and while I can't stand the micro balance atm for 1v1's atleast I think that it will change and when that happens I look forward to attempting to go competitive again and see If I can't get myself back into the top ten players once again ^^ etherway the forums are fun and very useful, I'm also surprised on how its moved on past certain topics like shield requests and experimental requests every second day like it once had :)
    Nicb1 likes this.
  11. Geers

Geers Post Master General

It's because I'm here, isn't it?
    squishypon3 likes this.
  12. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I can so relate! even the icon thing!

I think I might just change it back to soothe you guys.
  13. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I'm not the most vocal member, but I understand what you are saying. I have the same with all the vocal people like you and Brian for example. :)

I really love this forum, this is the only forum that kept me active for such a long time ;)
    squishypon3 and cwarner7264 like this.
  14. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Y'all are all right I guess?
    squishypon3 likes this.
  15. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

This damned forum takes so much of my time!!! Nerf forum and great community plz! for my own health!
    cdrkf and squishypon3 like this.
  16. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

I once deleted my favorite link to this forum because nothing useful came from this place at some point!

But my addiction to this forum (altho i don't write often, i read it multiple times a day) i did not last 24 hours without this forum i had to come back!
    Last edited: November 11, 2014
  17. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Man, between modding, videogames and these forums, it's a wonder I have any time for classes at all!
    destravous and squishypon3 like this.
  18. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

The Uber forums are my most visited site. It's replaced Facebook for me when I type "f" into the URL bar :p
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  19. darkmecha

darkmecha Member

I love Squishy cause of the Brony avatar. And the rest of you cause you are the rest of you. <3