Global Chat System? [poll]

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, November 26, 2013.

?

Should we have a global chat system?

1. Yes

131 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. Other (explain)

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

included feature in old game |= tested and proven to be crap or to be good.

we never said what you said.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Polls show nothing at all of the sort.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

so and were did i imply what you said?
    this merely was a general statement ...
  4. tatsujb

a generally false one.
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

His statement, "included feature in old game |= automatically good to have" is actually 100% true. It's not automatically good to have. Saying the statement is generally false is saying it is automatically good to have.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  6. MrTBSC

your opinion ..
  7. tatsujb

dude you're being purposefully blunt. his original statement included a quote and irony which you are omitting for some reason.

and the irony around that statement was false in my opinion.
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

So in one way, it's just your opinion, but when that opinion disagrees with yours, it's a lie.

Yeah......not the greatest spokesperson for a global chat.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  9. tatsujb

that's a total misinterpretation of what two totally unrelated statements mean and also calumnious. lay off.
  10. igncom1

I just saying dude.

You have kinda taken it as your mission to promote a global chat, you you kinda act in the way that many of us expect a global chat to be like.

Kinda rude and "calumnious".

If anything you are kinda proving the point for not having a chat by acting like that.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  11. tatsujb

acting like what?

all I did was say once that what one guy (a guy known to be vile and vehement to anything FAF-related on every given occasion) was saying was false. rightfully so.

I also said you can go try it out for yourself if you wish and see for yourself who's right and who's wrong. Which I say again.

go do it.

and for that I get a swarm of personal attacks??

NO I donnot think that illustrates that global chat is bad. I think it even shows that I'm reacting rather well and politely given the circumstances, in a very set case of forum interaction, it has nothing to do with global chat and thusly cannot be compared.

it's not my mission to promote global chat and if you would please not make it your's to demote it I'd appreciate it.

It's simple really. You see someone out in the street saying the Apollo mission was a hoax, you feel this need to correct inform and educate. Some (or most) may choose not to act upon it. I do.

say that faf chat is a spam and hostile, that is a flat out lie. I don't know what context may have allowed him to witness such events if he did but it (to be certain) in no way represents the average nor majority feel.

I can vouch for that.

I'm there everyday.

been there for 6 years now (this goes back to gpg in my case)
    Last edited: November 10, 2014
  12. igncom1

I wasn't attacking you personally, I was showing you what you are acting like, and so you go and pull out the whole " help me, im being personally attacked!" card.

Nice job.

FAF chat is fine, but you are not.

Acting like a victim doesn't make your point any stronger, and neither does telling someone that their opinion is a blatant lie and that no one should listen to them.

But yeah, im done here, i'll stop "swarming" you with "personal attacks".
    MrTBSC likes this.
  13. tatsujb

bradaz85 and barragan88 like this.
  14. MrTBSC

Yep am totaly against anything faf related .... yea tatsu you sure know what i am exactly thinking ... not to mention what has faf anything to do with PA?

also this is what you said

basicly saying that i was purposefully giving out missinformation ...
    even though i stated it being just my personal experience and thus not be neccesary true to everyone else ...

your last post though shows a lot of how far your fanboyish attempts go
  15. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

No one should drive cars because some people have road rage and a lack of self control. No one should own computers because some people write viruses and steal people's identity. We also shouldn't have telephones, because some people make prank phone calls and act like trolls.
  16. igncom1

Everybody should own a gun because some people want too.

It's flawed logic.
  17. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

You're right it is flawed logic. I'm pleased you admit this. You're expecting people to abuse it, so you want to remove all utility that might come from it because of that problem.

Your counterargument is flawed as well: the chat isn't mandatory. No one is telling you you have to participate in it. We're specifically telling you you can opt out.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  18. igncom1

Id rather have people opt in, rather then have to forcibly have the chat forced on me until I switch it off.

Make it a button in the main menu that you have to specifically go to too use, like FAF, not have it force in my face like so many others.

Or alternatively not include it at all.

That is my opinion, I don't want it and you do. Simples.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  19. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Every Chat requires moderation. Moderation requires manpower and/or fan activity. Without that it would be abused and pointless waste of bandwith for everyone (most importantly the one that hosts it).

Maybe they could set up a Uberent IRC server on the webpage server, with some pre-defined channels. And add and IRC client to the game that automagically logs into the IRC server.
    That is something small developers often do. For example, they have something like this in Sword of the Stars 2. But it is still some extra work. And I bet you nobody will want to do the moderation work ;)
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni