[Suggestion] Rename "Armory" to "Commander Skins"

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mutrumbo, September 20, 2014.

1. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

+1 to this idea. Armoury is too general, and is easily msitakable for a different feature.

Commander Skins would be much better <3
  2. endurrr

endurrr Active Member

Commander Collective.
  3. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

I don't have any problems with the Armory including your commander skin, but I also think it should include what kind of weapon your commander has. Thus making it more of an armory in general.

Commanders will eventually have weapons other than the Uber cannon, and giving a visual representation for customization of each commander skin and the weapon you choose to go with it is what the Armory should be for.

Edit : On the visual side of the Armory, it really should look more like an armory and less like a shopping centre. Take the Mechwarrior bay for example. Scenes like @49 seconds and @1:50 is exactly what I was expecting when I go in there. No such luck.
    Last edited: November 5, 2014
  4. toorvis

toorvis Member

Just gonna refer to league of legends, because the only thing you get to see (unless you google skinspotlights on youtube) is a splash art

"Dreadknight Garen"
    http://i.imgur.com/vHhBruV.jpg?1

"Actual Dreadknight Garen"
    http://www.leagueoflegendsskins.com/images/skins/in-game/Garen_4.jpg

I've heard of a lot of people that think the splash arts are too far from the skins (this one is actually similar) but if Uber did like they did in SMITE, get a 3D model of the commander where you could pan around and see it with a walking animation or something it would be Awesome™

¨~ Chris
  5. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Aye, if uber plans to introduce customizable variations of weapons or abilities of each commander, it should stay as the armory, otherwise it should be renamed.