1v1 uber rank battlebear vs foerest replay / thoughts on 1v1`s after playing 100 of them

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by foerest, November 5, 2014.

1. foerest

foerest Member

although fun and all, we need bigger maps brahs :), make starting worlds like 3-5 times bigger if both players spawn on the same planet, we might get a chance to get to tier 2, although I have gone tier 2 and orbital to inhabit other worlds, in many of my 1v1`s I more or less already have won the game before I get a chance to do tier 2 anyways so I don`t really see the point. I know you guys are working on the maps just putting in my 2 cents again I guess, hope to see them soon or some of them at least, getting really bored playing the same 2 maps over and over again with 95% of the time being dox rushed by my opponent and not getting a chance to even build 1 turret at my expo before 10 dox say hello to my expanding fabbers, anyways enjoy the vid tri tank force has got me 9 wins i think and i lost 1 game to someone doing it to me lol, make sure to pump out some extra ants with commander before taking off.
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

IDEA: fix balance. Then make maps larger.
    tatsujb, zweistein000 and Murcanic like this.
  3. foerest

foerest Member

how can you fix balance if maps are not balanced? like judging who is the better ufc fighter but you give a guy one guy a axe, we can`t say what needs balanced anyways atm since we can`t even get to tier 2 and orbital in most 1v1 games.
    elodea, MrTBSC and cola_colin like this.
  4. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

Damn son this is a pretty pumping song [​IMG]
    killerkiwijuice, trojans and foerest like this.
  5. foerest

foerest Member

to be honest I think the game is 100% balanced unit wise, not so much map wise, but I would just like to get to some late game playing 1v1`s you know orbital and stuff, the stuff you said I suck at *cough coughs* wuts that say under my post mered :p make a 8 planet system with all different spawning planets and I am there, will be funner then dox rushing even if I lose.
  6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

If Battlebear had confronted your commander better with his own he could have cleared out enough tanks for the boom snipe to work. He just tried to get a little too fancy with it and it didn't work out. That might be my fault because I've been yelling "Don't be aggressive with the comm or you will get boom sniped!!!1" to anyone that will listen, but in this case it should have been clear to him that you had no bot factories.
    Quitch likes this.
  7. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

So is it now viable to expand and do something other than dox first on single-planet systems?
    Murcanic likes this.
  8. foerest

foerest Member

well emraldis

My average 1v1 on the current map pool is like 8 mins... if the maps were like 3-4 times as big I bet the average game would be like 25-40 mins for 1v1, some could last hours if you throw in a dozen planets. which I think 25+ mins is a pretty reasonable time for a 1v1

It comes down to this, on the 1v1 map pool the maps are just to small, you are pretty much forced into a kill or be killed situation from the start even if the other guy does not rush you like in this video, you really cannot get away with tier 2 without losing the game to a person of equal skill because if you go tier 2 you are wasting to much economy while they get enough tier 1 just to kill you out right due to short distance and no choke points to wall off in time, yes you can go ants and rush and win, or dox and rush and win, but I want to win my 1v1`s in style fighting with some nukes and halleys but not bad mannered ones where I just delay the halley because I can because I surrounded there commander within 3-5 mins of the game, I want to have to use that halleys and nukes as a real part of my strategy in order to win because I have to, because hes walled off at a few choke points and his commander is blocking one with his army and if i run my army into his wall off/commander i would lose the fight due to defense walls, turrets etc so I am forced into a tier 2/ orbital / nuke/ halley game.
  9. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

BattleBear ^^ is a decent player, also there was a 4 planet system in the PTE that everyone hated because it could cause stupidly long orbital wars, but ya, a mix of small and large systems would be nice, now that i recall it....i played the matchmaking about 15 games (hit diamond!!) and there where only 2 systems.... O.O
  10. foerest

foerest Member

i remember there was a patch kinda when i started playing that made tier 2 take a lot longer to build, i think that was a good patch.. it is just the planets are to small
  11. foerest

foerest Member

mjshorty he`s a great player man, top 10
    rivii likes this.
  12. foerest

foerest Member

he owned me with a no fabber bot rush our first ladder game, this was our 2nd ladder game so i owned him with a no fabber ant rush lol, just a little pay back, we did play a 3rd game i was ahead got his fabbers with my dox but then he owned me with some sick sick bomber snipes took out like all my dox.
    philoscience likes this.
  13. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

players using normal hosting not ranked can make balanced maps, what they can't do is make balanced unit play without a mod and few people are willing to play mods even more the higher teir better players even when they dislike the current gameplay style they don't want to give up their title, I'll admit to being horrible at the micro rush that is currently in the game but the old game balance I wasn't that bad (top ten for months) and I had alot more fun then I do now, controling multiple armies and attempting to attack expansions while expanding myself until I got ahead enough to build a nuke, bomber snipe or overwhelm the opponent with units was amazing and I hope to see it come back to that at somepoint... until then I'll have to play with mods for enjoyment or play other games... I wish I had better chess partners irl... anyway I don't think bigger planets would help much I feel like it would then come down to air micro with some raiding but probably small tank assaults and bomber/fighter assaults... perhaps if there was enough metal it could get to an interesting unit amount where you could defend some expansions but the power problem would come into play... idk there is alot that could be done to make this game flow better into the end game I feel, atm its a 4 combat unit game each with a role and spamed out until someone counters it so people spam out a new unit very little expansion and games end so quick with micro and luck being bigger factors then i feel they should be in a macro rts...
  14. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

Bigger maps is a must-have. This game is designed for them.
    foerest and MrTBSC like this.
  15. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

It's like all the things I would say except it's in a run-on sentence foerest can understand ;P

I'll add a few more:

Or not. I'm done derailing threads. You wanna know what I think balance should feel like? head to my mod at this link: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/fixing-the-balance.65408/ (It's on PAMM as the Community UberBalance: Final).
    Try it. Like it or love it or hate it, give me feedback.
    Murcanic and cdrkf like this.
  16. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Every time I load I foerest video I know I'm in for some weird ****.
  17. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

you can immediately tell by his profile picture
    websterx01 and foerest like this.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Putting in maps better than the current ones can be estimated with less than half a day of work if they copy existing maps from the community. Not to mention you indeed should not balance the game around 2 tiny, unbalanced, systems.
    philoscience and mered4 like this.
  19. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

At some point I lost his commander. So I build a dox to look for him. Thought he went back to his base after the first boombot attempt.. I was Wrong and missed the oppertunity for a second Boombot attempt. all in all. It was a really wierd match haha!
  20. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Oh stop it youu.. :D