Configuration Files?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by devicenull, February 7, 2011.

1. devicenull

devicenull New Member

Does the dedicated server support any sort of config files?

I see that I can set everything via the command line, but that's not really an optimal way of doing things. I don't see any of the variables from the command line in any of the configuration files, so I'm not sure where to go about adding things.

Also, is there a switch to force the server to bind to a specific IP? Typically in UT based games this was -multihome, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the MNC server.
  2. Brett

Brett New Member

Aside from HostileAccess.ini (for RCON password) and the maplist config file, you can't edit any or it breaks the server. Everything else must be set using the command line.

Multihome is broken right now, not sure why they still haven't managed to fix this. I am hoping they add Multihome and the option to just specify a port (rather than this server instance crap) but right now we are making due.
  3. devicenull

devicenull New Member

I've got to say this is the first time I've seen a dedicated server without a working config file.. It's even weirder considering the engine was built on UT (which had excellent administration utilities)...
  4. Stryfe

Stryfe New Member

Is the server name set via the command line as well or is there a config file it's in?
  5. Joh

Joh New Member

Also commandline, the parameter is called ServerDescription.