What game would you make with the PA engine?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by thefluffybunny, November 3, 2014.

1. thefluffybunny

thefluffybunny Active Member

Ponies are a given so I didn't bother mentioning them. We all want more pony games.

Pac man

Risk - but taken to the next level and with nukes (think the Wargames films with Matthew Broderick)

X-com - not the squad based bit - but the global bit with the satellites and interceptors, add in building defences around cities, stationing troops about and giving them zones to protect, orbital defences, and the aliens gradually spreading out from their landing zones, almost a complex tower defence/survivor game

God game - Black and White/From Dust inspired. Terraforming to protect/destroy your minions etc.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  2. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Tomasina, igncom1 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  3. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

I would make a Galatic War similar to how total war is run with a turn based strategy and when u had battles u had to fight them on RTS.

Actually it would play much more similar to how rise of nations played, where you develop tech, armies and get resources from territories you conquered and in case of attack you would get pre built factories and defenses in systems you improve.

Each "army" you use for attack in Risk style would actually be a subcommander. You can only have one army per territory (system) but they can actually reinforce adjacent territories. So, if you are attacking a territory that borders with 3 territories in witch you have armies, you would get 3 subcommanders.

You could even ask your friends to join in and play as your subcommanders.
  4. jamiem

jamiem Active Member

Solar exploration.
    Where you can't see anything about the other planets to start with.
    Build a civilization, send a probe. Send a manned mission. Establish a colony. Destroy the natives.
    To the new world!
  5. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

I would make a game about biological von neumann probe, kinda like PA, age of empires, and tyranids from warhammer put together. you could have a legit tech tree and stuff, the resources would be live creatures running around, and there would be no orbital since that's what you presumably do after you eat your enemy and everything else.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

FAF's galactic war.
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

so rise of nations?
  8. draiwn

draiwn New Member

Yes this one ! A planetary Sim city :)
  9. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

X-Com, with accurate sol system and maybe one for aliens. Accurate planet surfaces. Battles on space ships, planets and inside bases. Space travel, economy, construction, research, space battles (limited and simple no RTS scale, more like 1vs1 ship, or just few), all real time. Tactical combat turn based like in old xcom.

Well for that imo Unreal engine is better.

PA screams for massive battles.
  10. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

yeah, but less ****
    Gorbles likes this.
  11. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Some sort of base building/moba? like, where each player has a base, and both bases are constantly spawning stuff to charge into each other in the lanes, you either have a hero unit or maybe some select subset of 'elite' units you directly control to try and capture resources and increase the flow of your lane minions/ upgrade your lane minions, kinda similar to demigod.

You could also combo this into some sort of asymetric multiplayer, where one team is trying to build up a constant stream of units to crack a base, and the other team is playing a hero defence, you could make it a time-limit thing, where hero defence guys have to hold out till the end to win. you could even have multiple stages of the attack, where after the defenders lose the first line, they can fall back through a teleporter, and be followed by the horde onto a new planet, the attacker might be able to organise some of their units to attack from space sorta as an 'air' wave.
  12. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

14. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

<3
    thetrophysystem and GoodOak like this.
  15. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Very cool. I didn't know about Shallow Space. Definitely going to follow that one.
  16. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

what is it?
    Last edited: November 5, 2014
  17. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I doubt it's in the PA engine but there was this really cool arcade game at PAX which was basically 3D snake on the surface of a sphere (Storm Worm).

One of my friends got 4th on the leaderboard and put himself down as "rekt suckas" or something silly. Then I beat his score and got second place. Because I'm cool like that.
  18. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

On my list of want to makes with the PA engine...

1, " Grand Theft Planet - The universe is yours!..."
    2, " Kernal Panic 2"
    3, " Battlezone 3"
    squishypon3 and cdrkf like this.
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

RE Kernel Panic- you talking about the Spring Mod? That mod is epic :D Tron in RTS form...
    Nicb1, squishypon3 and maxpowerz like this.
  20. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Commander JRPG.

3rd person commander MOBA.

1st person tank/ship/plane pilot warfare.