How would you feel about a second PA kickstarter?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tatsujb, October 21, 2014.

?

whould you back and extension PA, addon Pack, or prolongation?

1. Hell yeah!

63.0%
  2. **** no!

37.0%
  1. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Only read the OP's post, not gonna read the responses. Just simply, a big fat NO!... Need to deliver on the rest of the original kickstarter first before even remotely thinking about another kickstarter for the same game twice. I have no problem paying for expansions or what have you, but a kickstarter? no.. absolutely not its waste of time really there is nothing a kickstarter could do that a paid expansion couldn't do at this point...
  2. tigerwarrior

tigerwarrior Active Member

Iuno, I might. But I am pretty sure they said they'd have free releases. If it was an actual expansion pack with REALLY good stuff, like 30+ new units 4 new annihilation options and a real storyline. Then I would pay for it without a doubt. That's just how I feel though.
    tatsujb likes this.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

hey, we all agree that HR KS video was a huge penis slap to the face. As I said in the OP the idea of HR was looking for backers Elsewhere than their fanbase which even if I'm not a talented economist, I can't condone.

This kickstarter would obviously be aimed at it's fanbase.
    I understand. but what if they don't have the money to make said expansion, or that they are unsure the market desires said expansion?
    Last edited: October 22, 2014
    cmdandy likes this.
  4. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

finish the first one first... i cant see all stretch goals are really finished and delivered?

Sea planets? => navy plays like ****
    Gas giants? => ok, but still potential left
    Galactic war? => most boring **** ever :D
    Twinstar and mjshorty like this.
  5. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Balance within, balance without.
  6. tatsujb

this ain't over 'till it's oooooooooooooover
  7. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Hell yes, would back in a hart beat that said I can see problems. Having seen the critisim of Hr on the net, it might just give more fuel to the fire.
    Might it be a better idea for uber to do something similar to star citizen (i.e. all money goes to uber)
    They could say If we reach 10k we will add super unit's...20k we add more orbital gameplay ect.ect.
    To me it's seems like win win

Any way I will support uber any way I can as I really want want more rts games to be made esp of the "gazzilion unit's" type :)
  8. legionary

legionary New Member

I would, because honestly I'm a bit worried about Uber now. There is only so much one game can do to support a company, and while Uber is smaller then the companies that produce triple A titles they still require quite a bit of money to continue their work. How much money does PA make for Uber these days? Likely not enough to make a profit on a monthly basis anymore...
  9. cinesra

cinesra New Member

I hesitated quite a bit supporting Uber new HR project on Kickstarter, but how could I possibly support someone's project when I know that person is actually not going to finish the job...

Finish PA first before starting something else, then we will be more than happy to support your great creativity and ideas on Kickstarter.
  10. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

I think Uber made more then enough on PA to last for a while.
  11. tatsujb

the point of this kickstarter would be to "finish PA", ironically. In my understanding PA is only "finished" when it's reached great acclaim and is played massively.

it won't be unless our exact demands our met. and it might never get there without another boost.
  12. tatsujb

so I'm not sure even 1/18th of the community has seen this.
  13. darkmecha

darkmecha Member

I too paid $90+ for alpha , I am appreciative of the game so far... that being said I do not know why a RTS game does not even have a online lobby where players can see each other and talk poo to each other. Almost every rts I have been involved in has had this from Homeworld to DoW40k etc...etc... What I see when I attempt to have games with other players online is this : I do not know who the hell is on or how many are on, and I see three very large games ie: 6 player plus and two of those locked with maybe 2 players in each. Or on a peak night like say Friday or Saturday 4 to 7 games up with the majority being locked. If I start one I have no clue if anyone else is even on to join the said starter. By contrast Homeworld 1999 at about 2003 still had about 20 to 30 players visible in the lobby and about 4 to 6 games up mostly FFA and none locked. In it's heyday you could not get to the end of the list of players online and had a very very wide variety of games to join. Same can be said for DoW40k and several others. In 2014 Homeworld still carries a very large fan base. Thats where a game was finished and pleasing to the people who bought it.
    cinesra likes this.
  14. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

It really is unbecoming of Uber, and especially for a game called Human Resources, to slap players in the face with a huge penis. And I'm still not ready to talk about the Uber Probe. It's just inappropriate for a professional environment and I demand that it stop immediately. This is your first verbal warning, Uber. Keep this up and you'll receive a second verbal warning.
  15. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Uber has told us the no voice chat is due to how many games with voice chat's either not used, or has some amount of inappropriate words and such being used. Or just people being plain annoying.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, I hope you're joking. o_O
  16. tatsujb

@squishypon3 even if he is, that's all the sum of this forums is. verbality. ooooo scaaary.
  17. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Just look at the 60/40% split on the poll. It is clearly t0o early for Uber to pull this off. In six months, if they last that long, then maybe. If they had not botched release I could have seen there being a christmas expansion campaign. I think the community is still too divided. The HR kickstarter for a whole new game failed to even breach 400k. I doubt half a million is enough for any significant continued development, and I don't see the community backing beyond that much right now.
  18. tatsujb

even if it's not the full original KS crowd it's quite a bunch. Plus thanks to the HR ks they now know how many peeps they can get.

I guess it's a story of setting the bar lower and it'll work.

all I know is I won't back any other project from Uber. They said they were going to make this game, I will do what I can to make them finish it.
  19. jpinard

jpinard Member

A lot of you are woefully ignorant about what it takes to fund games. Uber shot for the moon and maybe if they'd set a really low bar to begin with they'd never have gotten the project where it is today. Compared to a LOT of kickstarter projects Uber delivered well. You cannot have an all or nothing attitude like many of you do if you want RTS's to survive and not be free-to-play crap.

I think very highly of Uber and PA and though I had no interest in Human Resources I backed it in the hopes it would keep Uber alive and the PA team going. After all - how many RTS's do we have in active development on the scale of PA?
    snierke, squishypon3 and MrTBSC like this.
  20. void2258

void2258 Member

Yeah making comparisons to FF14 is not a good plan...