Ignored Bugtracker Ticket #4130

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Sekuraz, October 31, 2014.

1. Sekuraz

Sekuraz Member

Hello,

I wanted to inform you that there is a game breaking bug that hasn´t got any attention until now.

PA#4130

regards,

Sekuraz
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think your gfx driver isn't the most recent one, but no idea if that is related to your issue.
    I also don't really understand the issue. Do you mean the framerate drops for some time and then goes up again?
    Your screens look fine, apart from the 2nd one. Is that what you see ingame for 1 minute?
  3. Sekuraz

Sekuraz Member

My gfx driver is the most recent one (catalyst 14.9 by AMD) and it my screen looks like that:

1 frame for 10 seconds to 1 minute
    some (2 seconds to 30 seconds) of smooth gameplay

and this starts right after game start

-Sekuraz
    Last edited: November 1, 2014
  4. cola_colin

Very weird behavior. How does your cpu/gfx load look like?
  5. Sekuraz

Sekuraz Member

Time of this report: 9/23/2014, 20:35:34
    Machine name: MARKUS-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
    Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
    System Manufacturer: MEDIONPC
    System Model: MS-7616
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
    Page File: 3587MB used, 12776MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

as in DxDiag in the attached folder

regards,
    Sekuraz

PS: I recognized that my pairing with uber is really bad, but i have no idea why...
  6. n00n

n00n Active Member

I've never run the game under widowns so can't help much. But why is the task bar on top of the game? I'd suggest testing with windowed/full-screen mode toggled.
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Does this also occur when you play on a small system. For example just a single radius 400 moon?
    You may also want to upload an UberProbe to this thread. Instructions are provided in that thread.
  8. cola_colin

By load I meant how much is your cpu and gpu doing. Cpu you can see in the taskmanager, gpu with tools like gpu-z
  9. Sekuraz

Sekuraz Member

@n00n this is also a known bug in PA, it renders on top of the desktop in fullscreen mode, but i assure you that all looks the same when i am tabbed into PA

@DeathByDenim it also occurs on a single radius 200 planet right after the game starts with small lags and gets even worse

@cola_colin processor load is at approx 30%, and there are 54 fps on the client side (as measured by PA), I am really sorry that the screenshot of the gpu tab is not showing any significant data

And I have to make something clear: It is not really one frame, but there is no update happening. Sometimes I can even see factory`s building animation, but no unit comes out/it is already out when i get the next frame

regards,
    Sekuraz
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

That is normal, fullscreen is "borderless windowed", where it is sized to resolution and forced to front. It lets you multitask while in-game, but multitasking unfocuses the window and puts it behind the taskbar and such. That is honestly a good feature.
    This sounds like network lag. Your game is running, and your getting animations, but your game sticks for 10 seconds to a minute without any directions on what anything on-screen should do. Next network frame you get, your screen suddenly realizes it should have 6 additional tanks in front of each factory.
  11. cola_colin

That sounds like a completely different issue than I first thought. So your fps stay high but you see no updates to the state of the game? trophy is right about that: it's network lag most likely.
    Can you play a local game and check if it happens there as well?
    Sekuraz likes this.
  12. n00n

n00n Active Member

Ok, it's just that in the bugged screenshot there's part of the screen with and part without the taskbar, so though it might be connected. But now the described bug is something totally different. o_O
  13. Sekuraz

Sekuraz Member

@cola_colin I have played a local game and it was smooth as ***, and then I checked my internet connection:

my router says, it is receiving 11MBit/s, and some speedtests are pretending that they can only see a download rate of 800 KBit/s, which seems to be WAAAAAYY too less to play any game. On the other hand there is the steam downloader and it is downloading with constant 1 MB/s = 8 MBit/s.

My ISP must be weird.

regards,
    Sekuraz

PS: I wanted to do a traceroute to uber's servers, do you have any ip for me to check?

PPS: I am downloading the PA artwork right now to measure the speed and it is at approx. 500 KBit/s
    Last edited: November 1, 2014
  14. cola_colin

So you can close your ticket, if your internet speed is the cause it means PA cannot do much more, it isn't a bug.
  15. Sekuraz

Sekuraz Member

I am sorry, but i have to disagree on that.

If my speed is fine to many other hosts in the world but to the pa hosts, there should be something we can do in order to improve that...

BUT I am working with my ISP to sort these things out.

-Sekuraz
  16. cola_colin

If your ISP limits your connection speed you have to sort it out with them obviously.
  17. Sekuraz

Sekuraz Member

It wasn't a problem with the connection speed, it was a problem with their configuration of my router/downlink

Ticket hereby closed, as well as the thread.

thank you for all your patience and help,

Sekuraz
    websterx01 and cola_colin like this.