Assault no-damage bullets?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Vulcan956, August 12, 2010.

1. Vulcan956

Vulcan956 New Member

When I'm playing assault there are times where my bullets hit the target, show the animation for hitting the target, but no do no damage. It happens both at short and long distances. I don't usually have any problems with lag, and this seems to happen at least once in every game.

It seems to be most common with Assassins, ideas?
  2. ROWAN1551

ROWAN1551 New Member

I get this aswell, Although for me it might be about lag. For me though it most often happens against Supports.
  3. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Noted and going into our database. It's likely either lag related or an issue with the server thinking you aren't firing.
  4. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

Moved to Feedback and Issues forum
  5. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I think i've had that a few times where they have not taken damage but because they were moving I just treated it as lag, the same problem happens with grapples too, you can try to grab a standing opponent with the sniper's red skill yet swing through them like nothing was there, it drains the skill time too.

The assault rifle does little to no damage over long range if you are trying to snipe with it :p
  6. XenoS ZeroWing

XenoS ZeroWing New Member

Nice to see other people have had this. This has happened 5 times so far that have been really noticable, always against support, little movment involved, no noticable lag and on a good connection.

By really noticable the most extreme one was unloading a full clip into a support guys head at 5m only for him to spin around, and hurt gun me to death without moving..... WTF quitted as it seemed so dodgy.
  7. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

While playing the tank and using the jet gun a few games back, I had the stream hitting an assault (was making the sizzling noise) and he didn't take damage for about three seconds. Luckly, I got the kill anyway but I still am wondering what the hell happened.

Also, I've noticed that the Jet Burner sometimes does pathetic amounts of damage against supports (not nearly as much as usual), not sure if there's some sort of self healing ability or what not, and I don't think it's the turret's self healing ability since I'm not getting shot by one when this happens, but I wanted to point that out as well.
  8. PantsTurkey

PantsTurkey New Member

This happened to me as well. I was chasing a Tank, it said he had no health, then I proceeded to pour two more clips into him. I eventually got an assist when an assassin back stabbed him :T
  9. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Assault's rifle and Tank's jet gun are both fast firing and fairly accurate weapons, so they're the ones that possible lag related hit issues are going to be most obvious.
  10. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

Could also be using gobi numb or an armour related endorosment
  11. lawlimbad

lawlimbad New Member

armor shouldnt block all damage, just mitigate it.
  12. Mattalix

Mattalix New Member

Called lag :( everyone gets it unfortunately, happens most with assassin cos they move quick and they have small hitboxes, therefore lag affects hitting assassins most