I'm making a list of all the people that bomber snipe.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by killerkiwijuice, October 19, 2014.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

If you join me in making Quitch's like ratio anarchy (anything other than 1:1), I will consider it.
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  2. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Bomber snipe - aka spending a long time building an expensive and very obvious squadron, then finding someone dumb enough to not scout properly and leave their commander completely exposed
    fredegar1 likes this.
  3. immorhys

immorhys New Member

Yep, I'll add myself.

Who woulda thought naval would be entirely useless against the commanders gatling nuclear torpedo launcher on an all water map? And not to be too hard on the other player, but he had his comm up front to prevent naval attacks, he was asking for a bomber snipe :)
  4. tohron

tohron Active Member

Here's the thing about bomber sniping : if base defenses don't adequately stop fighters, then there should be nothing to stop you from flying your fighters into his base to kill his bombers before he's ready to snipe.
  5. kaminfreunde

kaminfreunde Active Member

On the medicore play level, almost everybody in FFA does it (or at least having a try).
  6. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

Usually when I die to a bomber snipe it's because I wasn't pressing someone as hard as I should. FFA especially, it's tempting to sit back and not tempt anyone into attacking you, possibly resulting in multiple people attacking you at the same time, but this just results in your neighbors all building up their own favorite snipe attack and you won't see it coming.

Pressing a guy trying to do a bomber snipe can force him to show his hand as he has to start throwing his bombers at your marauding forces.

And sometimes I do a bomber snipe because it's just too easy. Some people will do amazing ground assaults and then I look at their base and there is no AA what-so-ever. Meanwhile I'm "wasting resources" trying to defend against a little possibility of everything.

If there's a snipe type that you are not spending any resources preparing for, that's the one I'm going to try and quickly attempt.
    Obscillesk likes this.
  7. mrguvernment

mrguvernment Member

you mad bro cause someone keeps kicking your butt cause you don't build proper defense.. ya, start a list!!!
  8. coldcrescent

coldcrescent New Member

I do this to people who immediately try to rush vehicles or orbital. Dox rushes or naval starts beat the hell outta T1 bomber snipes as you need about 40-50 to kill any Commander in one pass. 30 if AA is insufficient to allow 2nd or 3rd passes.
  9. mrguvernment

mrguvernment Member

I just see this as another angry person who keeps losing because they can't play the game.

Same people who complain in FPS about spawn camping because they can't get their team together to kill 1 person..
  10. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Lol

I'm not even mad bro.