Best way to do pure eco on a planet?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by LmalukoBR, October 30, 2014.

1. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

Guys, sometimes you end up in a situation where you are alone on a planet and want to build up eco as fast as possible.

What is the most efficient and fastest way to do it? It seems a swarm of air fabbers would be really fast but you have to build more energy, or do you go fast for t2 to get the t2 fabbers. Or you start with one then transition to other, if so, when?
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Factory, energy storage, mex commander building energy all game. First factory spamming fabber until you feel you have enough. First 3 fabber on mex next two helping commander, maybe one more on mex. Then build away.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  3. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

I'll put 2 groups of 2 air fabbers on a global mex building spree, with possibly another 2 working on a couple of lines of pgens. Also, I've found building storage early can help get over the T2 eco-hump. As for when, that all depends on how fast you want it built.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  4. LmalukoBR

Thank you guys, very helpful , but my question is what is the fastest way to snowball it, without stalling, like you are building eco for your team, or you are colonizing a moon.
  5. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I find air fabbers each on their own individual global patrol can be the fastest in terms of low maintenance, but T2 early for power is also tremendously helpful. It does take some budget balancing to do it without a stall, though.
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Build 2 ir factories that produce almost infinite air fabs, 2 groups of 3-4 fabs making lines of energy and a two groups of 4-6 fabs patrolling the planet building metal (group size depends on how much metal is on the planet.) Go t2, then do the same thing.

You're going to have to get good at using production graphs to see where you need to build storage, if ever. But as a starting point it is best to do so when the eco is blue.

This is by far the fastest way to get eco. Whenever you have a planet to yourself, you should never run out of air fabbers.

EDIT: make sure you gradually increase the fabber group size because fabbers also use metal and energy, when making metal and energy.
    Last edited: October 30, 2014
    Obscillesk likes this.
  7. LmalukoBR

If you are going to build 2 factories, isn't better to build a land factory for energy since mobility is not such a issue?
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

*if this isn't your first planet- then t2 bot or vec fabbers (as they can be transported via gate) are super efficient at building up fast (specifically you can build t1 mex so quickly with a t2 fab it's crazy)....

send a couple through a gate and you'll have populated a small to medium sized planet with mexes in minutes.
  9. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member

Some commas are missing in your post, had a hard time to understand lol

if you want to "snowball", which means building lots and lots of fabbers, just select your factory and send it assist itself
    by the way, eu me cago de rir toda vez que vejo sua assinatura lol

I disagree with the global patrol, sometimes they will get stuck assisting the factories rather than going to assist other fabbers
    Last edited: October 30, 2014
  10. kaminfreunde

kaminfreunde Active Member

I can only add that I find it useful to have a lot of smaller groups of air fabbers all on planet wide area build for metal instead of just a few huge bulks, as the travel length gets more important than the build time when you have a lot of units.
  11. foerest

foerest Member

12. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

go orbital, 1 orbital fabber, head to gas, enjoy exponential growth that won't stop for easily 2 hours