[Screenshot] Fix Black Icons on OSX

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by portable, October 28, 2014.

1. portable

portable Active Member

Look at the screenshot. Identify the units.

Attached Files:

2. portable

portable Active Member

This is not new. I've been posting about the bug for ages. Easy fix: Make the icon marker white when the team color is black.
  3. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

I'm pretty sure I've participated in a similar thread before - didn't we determine that it only happens on certain models? I'm on an iMac and have no problem at all; I seem to remember it was only on the Mini where this problem was seen ...

[edit]
    Quick test from my iMac:
    [​IMG]

.. if your issue is to be fixed it helps to be specific. It's NOT an OS X issue since it's fine on mine, but it might be specific to the model you're using. Might be worth adding your specs to the thread :)
    Last edited: October 28, 2014
  4. portable

portable Active Member

OSX 10.9.4, screenshot of specs attached.

Also: It looks like you're using mods -- is one of your mods fixing the problem?

Attached Files:

5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

There was a mod released yesterday that does exactly what you need, I think. Brighter Icons Mod. It's available on PAMM.
    portable likes this.
  6. portable

portable Active Member

@DeathByDenim Thanks, I'd buy you a commander skin if the mod worked and gifting skins was a thing that one could do. Instead, here's a smilie :)
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Ha, it's not my mod. Thank @lyrid. :)
  8. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

It's not fixed by a mod, no - I regularly play as black, and I regularly wipe all the mods and start again (I like trying different ones out, etc). The last wipe was a month or so ago.
  9. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I believe that's a bug with OpenGL on Intel integrated graphics. On Windows if you change from fullscreen to windowed mode it goes away, not sure on Mac.
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

As far as I aware on Windows there is no problems with latest Intel HD drivers and PA except some freeze in ChronoCam.
    All guys who reported "black icons" here just had drivers from 2011-2012. :)
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Well, I'm glad they fixed it finally. Good to know our complaining to them wasn't in vain.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  12. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Is the Intel chronocam bug something that they need to fix with drivers or can we hope to get our chronocam back sooner?