Units can still go to invisible surface above crater - Planet Smash

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by warrenkc, October 25, 2014.

1. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

2014-10-25_00001.jpg 2014-10-25_00002.jpg
    What the heck? The commander can still walk on the invisible surface where the crater hit. I thought it used to be at least radioactive(meaning everything would die in the crater area).

IMHO the server should pause and rebuild the navigation stuff after planet crater is created. So weird right now.
    Last edited: October 26, 2014
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This behaviour end up being a bug: when Uber implemented way to only damage structures in area of hit this "dead zone" persist and it's wasn't intentional.
    tatsujb likes this.
  3. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

Just another unfixed bug. Sometimes, for example, when you smash a large base, all the building wreckage will be left behind, sitting on an invisible shell of where the planet used to be. I don't know under what conditions it occurs, but I have to say that it's pretty ugly when it does, and stuff like this definitely contributes to the impression that the game was not ready for release, grumble grumble ad infinitum...
  4. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

I can't believe that it is like this still. Wow.
    corteks and ace63 like this.
  5. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Yeah it is very sad that this still wasn't fixed. I think PA does not yet regenerate a navigation mesh when the geometry of a planet changes.
  6. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

There are a lot off graphic bugs still :(
    Narwhal front cannon is facing backwards.
    All navel guns don't line up with target.
    Orbital launcher and rocket not lined up correctly.
    Orbital factory will have whatever it is currently building pushed out to the side especially if its being assisted by orbital fabricators.
    Planet smash animation looks like it's slightly elevated from the actual surface, and leaves behind a silly white cloud. Commander explosions floating in space after planet smash. Hopefully this is all planned to be improved upon. There is that cool metal creator so I'm sure it is. I have to admit the planet smash animations was one of those things I would have expected to be finished for launch. Hence the games name...

Also when a commander is destroyed in the air during transport there really should be a different animation rather than what we have now a few inches off the surface. Makes this beautiful game feel gimmicky when I see that.

Anyway I have hope! Although admittedly some of these things should have been fixed like half a year ago.
    cmdandy, corteks and warrenkc like this.
  7. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

Last time I checked (release build), craters would kill anything that gets close. Which is even worse.
  8. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Lol last time you checked. That was a while back. I just checked. Like today. See OP.
  9. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Shouldn't the server just pause and rebuild navigation if it is needed?
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Bleh there's a dev post about it somewhere, essentially... It's not that easy. :p
  11. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Okay. That sucks ;(
  12. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Another case of "they should have planned this beforehand" and "they shouldn't have released with this still being unfinished as it is"
    cmdandy likes this.