Frustrating game in Galactic War

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by gabooo, October 24, 2014.

1. gabooo

gabooo Member

So, I was having a lot of fun destroying the enemy. It wasn't easy, but I was slowly getting through.
    Then, the AI, as smart as it is, decided to go on another planet. A smart move.

And then things stopped being funny. The only thing I had, is the orbital transport. But the AI had orbital fighter, transport, teleport gate and orbital defense.

I tried using 30+ orbital transport to get ground on the planet. But as the AI had so many units already, I couldn't get through. I tried several times, trying a little bit differently. As soon as on the planet I was rushed by an enormous army of air units. One time I managed to build several air defenses, by that wasn't close enough.

Suffice to say, that ended with alt+f4. So frustrating being that limited, almost winning the game and being unable to do something about it. After two hours that was non longer being funny.

I like the game, but this one was just a shame. The gameplay should really prevent such situations.

[​IMG]
    stuart98 and mjshorty like this.
  2. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

alt+f4....an exploit that shouldnt even be considered a part of common GW playthroughs. Uber, Fix your GW >.O oh and btw gabooo, try and assault systems that just have 1 planet before you have orbital tech. If you are reduced to a multi-system, get an austreas ASAP, load engineer, send and build a teleporter
  3. gabooo

gabooo Member

The teleporter was not available to me. But in fact I was the first one on the second planet. But the AI took it over because I was not paying attention. My mistake. But the frustrating part is that there was no end to this. The AI could not beat me. And I have not figured a way to beat him without spending hours loading orbital transports one by one. No teleport, no big multi units orbital transport. Loading 30+ units was tedious and no fun. I did it several times.

I did not alt+f4 to avoid losing. This was the first game in this GW. I wanted it over, deleted, nuked, basta :D

[OT] edit : why do I have to login again and again on the forum ? frustrating, too, I've written this twice.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

30+ transports?

Likes you considered that to be a serious amount of transports?

Buddy, try using 500 like I do, and no AI can stop you.

EDIT: you know you can use area load to load all transports simultaneously right?
  5. gabooo

gabooo Member

Now this is getting interesting :)
    Well no, I don't know about area load. I don't consider 30 to be a lot. But by hand I got bored.
    I'll go and look at this area command stuff ... see, this thread is useful!
    edit : thanks!
  6. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

Try slugging out a similar match, except having T2, and driving the AI back to a single planet out of 4. Then, once you're about to lay down the final blow with a moon and your commander teleports to a subcommander's planet... aforementioned subcommander launches his planet into the enemy planet, and your commander just can't walk fast enough. Haha. I was so pissed! :D
    gabooo likes this.
  7. gabooo

gabooo Member

Yikes, that's a good one, too!
  8. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Pffft. 30 transports. Pffffft.

PFFFFFFFFFT.
    gabooo likes this.
  9. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

With t2 you have auto-access to nukes, catalysts, and halleys.

It would be neat, if like the "artilley commander", if you had access to all t2 factories with any tech, and the fabricator-only for that factory.

Basically, if you have t1 bots, you have t2 bot factory with t2 bot fabricator and not the combat units. t1 vehicles, t2 fabricator only, t1 air, t2 fabricator only.

At least then, you have access to t2 infrastructure, including nukes, halleys, and catalysts, basically no matter what commander you have.

The "tech unlock" should unlock the combat units in that factory, such as t2 combat units.

I am just suggesting this, because doing that with the techs they have so far, has really made things better for GW.