PA is so slow and unstable after release update to the point of it being unplayable.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by neklusa, October 23, 2014.

1. neklusa

neklusa New Member

I have a gtx 760 2gb, intel core i5 4670k, 8gb ram, windows 8.1, newest intel drivers and newest nvidia drivers, See dxdiag, but the game is still running unbelievably slow and i can never load a match without either waiting 5-6 minuets for it to load, or to have it crash and rejoin which takes about 15 minutes. I am running the game on the lowest settings possible (except normal anti aliasing.) I have tried with 1 monitor and with two monitors, no affect at all. I am running the game on the main monitor, which is plugged directly into the graphics card. This all started happening a few updates after game release. I have tried running with mods and without, and also completly deleted all traces of the game off my harddrive and reinstalled, but still no avail. I did delete the mods folder too, and restarted after driver updates. I am running geforce experience. I also dont have too many background process running, the main is skype, but for the sake of testing i closed 99% of things that i know of.

Attached Files:

2. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Hello,

Did you try loading a multi-planet system or a single-planet system? Systems with five or more planets can take some time to load.

Also, your DxDiag is fine for the most part. Did the game run fine before you updated your Nvidia driver to version 344.48?

EDIT: Do you have a page file enabled?
    Last edited: November 1, 2014
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

If you go into the launcher and then the settings (top rh menu) you can add in command line functions to avoid any issues with mods.

Try adding in the switch "--nomods" and run the game- this forces the game to ignore mods completely, sometimes you can wind up with 'leftovers' of old mods that can mess with performance.

Another thing to test, try running the game by running the PA.exe directly rather than through the launcher (will require login in game)- sometimes the launcher can be buggy and cause slow do for no apparent reason...
  4. neklusa

neklusa New Member

What is a page file? I think ive heard of it before.
  5. dionytadema

dionytadema Active Member

Your page file is fine according to the dxdiag it has 12Gb free,

The Pagefile is a section of your harddisc used to offload sections of ram that are used rarely freeing them for usage. if your pagefile is to small and you run out of ram it will freeze/drasticly slow down your system