My In Game Name Was Changed and then Ninja'd

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eratosthenes, October 16, 2014.

1. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

I only noticed this a few week ago, but my in-game name, "Sovereign," was reverted back to my account name. When I tried to change it back to "Sovereign," I was told that the name was already taken. Since Sovereign is my name in pretty much everything, and because I also had it first, it's kind of annoying. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get my name back?
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Did you try editing it through the friends UI?
  3. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Oh bummer. :( There is a bug with Display Name that has been reverting changed names back to your account username that we're still working to resolve.
  4. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

Well, if the usurper reads this, may I please have my name back? :(:(:(:(
  5. dreamquest

dreamquest Member

Not to be snippy, but given that told me (us) that back the week of release when I first reported it, I seriously question your understanding of the phrase "still working to resolve."

Why don't you just be honest and say that you know about the problem but don't care due to other higher priority issues? A little truth goes a long way. Just sayin'. ;)
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Actually the bug of reverted the displayname to the account username when re-entering the main menu was definitely fixed weeks ago. Like I am 100% certain of that. If you are seeing an issue, it's new and needs to be reported.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

What Cola said. A bit rude accuse them lying. :/
  8. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

:( I was saying the truth. There was a much bigger bug with Display Name completely reverting that was fixed, but it looks like it wasn't completely fixed. The Dev is aware of the current issue and will work to resolve it. True, it may be a lower priority issue than other tasks he's working on, but it's still on his to-do list so I consider it "still working to resolve". Was that not the correct way to phrase that?
    squishypon3 likes this.
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I believed you. :D