A graphical thing I hadn't noticed/seen before

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stonberg, October 23, 2014.

1. stonberg

stonberg Member

On destroying a planet with the Annihilaser, I was looking at my planet and noticed that it was glowing yellow on one side. The glow gradually faded, then the penny dropped and I realised that it was the light from the destroyed planet that I was seeing. I don't know if this was designed in, or something the developers got 'for free', but it was rather lovely nonetheless.

Any other interesting graphical things I should look out for?
    Remy561 and squishypon3 like this.
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Hey guys! Did you know the unit cannon wreckage is in the game!? Look out for that!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  3. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Geers posts like yours in this case tend to portray the pa forums community in a bad light. Stonberg has made a simple observation yes, but it is not something which has been reposted a heap of times(aka unit cannon wreck threads).

I know your post is not likely meant to come across as malicious, but save the smart posts for the threads which have been reposted a heap of times within a short period. Just don't want the pa forums community to sound off-putting to new members and people outside the community.

Got nothing against you In this case though. Simply Don't want sarcasm to become the norm and scare off new people or outsiders.

Edit:
    If your post was not meant to be a jab then disregard all the above content in my post :)

Am a bit tired and my immediate reaction was "oh great here's another one of those posts".
    Last edited: October 23, 2014
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

That's not actually what I meant by that.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  5. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

It is still not clear what you meant with that.
    And I got the same interpretation as nicb1.

If you did not mean it like that, what did you mean?

For me it is something new. Last I heard there was no interplanetary ligthing data. And it is actually some extra work to make a dynamic light source that is only seen in such rare cases.
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Since he was asking for other things nobody noticed; Geers was messing around by posting something some think nobody has seen when everyone had.

This actually is old, it has to do with planets cube lighting. But not many notice it, it's a nice touch.
    Geers likes this.
  7. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

You might want to look through the two screenshots threads we have - all kinds of funky things get caught there (including this one). I know I started noticing all kinds of things when I started trying to capture good screenshots for those threads ...
  8. stonberg

stonberg Member

Yeah I have done, the artwork & lighting in the game is really nice.

I can't art at all :(