Current work update

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, October 22, 2014.

?

Are these kind of posts useful? (thinking every two weeks or so to keep updates flowing)

1. yay, you are actually sharing info in a useful way (but I may have still left feedback below)

99.3%
  2. yeah this isn't so useful, and I have posted feedback below (please leave feedback below :) )

0.7%
  1. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

I demand a 24/7 live feed from button cams on every employee, and I'm only settling for that until a direct neural link can be established. Resistance is futile.
  2. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member

things become easier when you add them to PAMM :D:D:D:D
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

It already is on PAMM.

Desert revamp expansion. Use both the client and server mod if you liek texturez.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Does anyone know what the "Placement matches" refers to?
  5. Langile

Langile New Member

I imagine it's an initial few games to decide what ranking you should be placed.

In League of Legends, they make you play 10 games before you're placed between bronze and gold (ranks go far above gold), and in Counter Strike:GO I believe it's 10 wins before your ranking is displayed.
  6. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

This is just great... what people have been wanting for so long... thanks so much for sharing and giving us an idea on exactly whats going on with the game... the poll speaks for itself...............................................
    mjshorty likes this.
  7. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

I know uber hates setting dates on things, but can you give us an idea when will see this update? a week? 3?
  8. shiwanabe

shiwanabe Member

We have a best guess for the ranked stuff. The rest I'm thinking is either going to be with it, or soon after, due to how jables has been talking.

From the Ranked Gameplay thread:

9. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Jables compared to US congress is hilarious. Jables has a 99.5% approval rating at his job, while US congress is something like 20% or less?
    mjshorty and stuart98 like this.
  10. stuart98

Roughly 15%.
    mjshorty likes this.
  11. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

Now we just need to find who voted no. Witch hunt!
    websterx01 likes this.
  12. stuart98

Try clicking on the result. ;)

@brandonpotter even said that he found it helpful and yet he voted no. Explain yourself young man!
    icycalm likes this.
  13. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

Prob hard clicking on a mouse with those giant robot fingers.
  14. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

UNIT CANNON CONFIRMED!
    websterx01, Remy561, iron71 and 2 others like this.
  15. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I can't believe I forgot to mention Mod Market ......+ ideas.
  16. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I voted no, becuase there are some things that uber hasnt commented on, and seems to avoid talking about it. Namely the 'issue' of such terrible ingame textures.

It is great that they are giving us updates on lots of stuff, but some stuff I think they might be leaving out...

They say that 512X512 saves Memory and space... These are COMMANDERS! 1000$ Commanders! How many ingame can there possibly to effect performance? Commanders are signature units. They should atleast have decent quality textures!
    Last edited: October 23, 2014
  17. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Seriously, first world problem, right ?
    There's no way you can actually notice it when playing an actual game, and barely when testing stuff.
    Stop focusing on your pet feature, they can't comment on everything, and have to prioritise more important things with the limited resources they have ...
    stuart98, pizwitch and optimi like this.
  18. foxzorz

foxzorz New Member

Dude holy ****,

I hope uber takes a moment to go and look at the screenshots in that thread, look how awesome it looks! Having real canyons and raised terrain like that changes this game so much, that looks so sweet, *please* can we have actual mountains and actual canyons and stuff uber? Pretty please?
  19. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

The first image was a really old Alpha one, I hope one day we can have them back in vanilla.
    ace63 likes this.
  20. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I fully agree, I loved those old mesas and the verticality and strategical value they gave to the map. They may conflict a bit with the current desert CSG brushes, but retexturing so they blend in better shouldn't be too much of a timekiller.