King of the Planet 10 - 18th October, 1400 UTC

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, October 15, 2014.

1. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

Ah, why so long! It takes minutes load vids to YouTube QQ
  2. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

Less than four hours to go! Be sure to watch on exodusesports.com as we'll be rolling out our live voting update. No more straw polls on who will win, instead it's all built right into the page, updating in real time! Some amazing work by Bsport.

ZaphodX and TheWrongCat will be casting on channel 1 while EGIPOP will be casting in Russian on channel 2. We've got Captain Conundrum doing player interviews, and two special guests joining us as well.

It's early, but it's still awesome.
    squishypon3, stuart98 and proeleert like this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

After the 3 casters and 2 guests are in will anyone be able to spec the games until all 10 spec slots are filled?
  4. exodusesports

And WE'RE LIVE with King of the Planet 10! Come watch King PAG_Elodea fight foerest in this best of five, where all five games will be played. Commentary from Zaphodx, TheWrongCat & EGIPOP; interviews and analysis by Captain Conundrum. We're also joined by Brad "bmuscles" Nicholson and Jeremy "jables" Ables from Uber Entertainment who will be talking to us about PLANETARY ANNIHILATION and Human Resources.

http://exodusesports.com/
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. jables

jables Uber Employee

Ohhh it's early.
  6. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

You can usually watch the stream on twitch very soon after it finishes, just go to the exodus twitch page and it should be under past broadcasts
  7. exodusesports

And King of the Planet 10 comes to a close. Thanks to everyone who attended, we'll be putting videos of the matches up later in the week.
  8. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

great stuff, guys
  9. exodusesports

And thanks to both you and Jables for attending and answering questions both on stream and in chat.
  10. exodusesports

11. judicatorofgenocide

When's the next matches going up?
  12. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I have to say I am disappointed by the unrespectful behavior of foerest. Freelosing just to tell random maps aren't balanced which is something we all know and uber works on it and showed it with jables' sneak peak.
    The only thing foerest managed to do is to give himself a bad reputation.
    Last edited: October 19, 2014
  13. judicatorofgenocide

This should be his as a spoiler alert, not all could watch event live!

Well at least now I'm not dying for the exodus team to get the vids up already
  14. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

So sorry for that! We do try as hard as we can to avoid spoilers on our website, We can't guarantee that it won't happen on the forum though..,
    Quitch likes this.
  15. elodea

elodea Post Master General

I don't think the maps were as bad, or as big of a deciding factor (they were, just not in the way that was thought). Yes granted i'd be biased towards saying that, but i strongly feel foerest did not adapt but instead tried to do the same vanilla 3 fabber dox build over and over again. He didn't adapt to my build order, neglected air timings, did not account for planet radius, and did not take advantage of his nearby imba metal expansions which i knew i had to rush to pressure otherwise i would lose the game.

Also, mex isn't everything, build space is important too. Assymetrical balance is not an unknown concept. For example, I had to place factories over mex in one game, and float like 40% of my metal income in another simply because I could not get rid of the trees fast enough to place factories. You need to look not just at gross metal income, but metal spent, units constructed and other indicators. If you do that, you'll see that for 2/3 games we built the same amount of dox. Appearances can be deceiving.

I'm not trying to knock on foerest, i still think he is a good player and a genuinely nice guy, but i feel like one first needs to play the map as well as possible before claiming imbalance (even if it is). Only once you reach the limit of your player influence on outcomes would i then consider it constructive to talk about problems in the fixed variable, aka the map. Unfortunately by nature of them being random surprise surprise maps, both of us only had 2 minutes to come up with a strateg. (I am still strongly against random maps).

There was still room for metagaming. For example if i saw my opponent had alot of metal, i would bank on him doing a 3 fabber build of some sort and then cheese the hell out of him with 8 bot factory rush or something (you only need 5 mex points for this ezpz). Map variables are not totally insurmountable.

Also, if you look at gross metal income early on in pa stats for the boat map, you'll see that foerest actually had the better spawn but only slightly (metal income humps before 2 minutes). So while the map wasn't symmetrical, it also wasn't unplayable or that much of a significant factor. No boats, no win.
  16. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

TL;DR, Elodea doesn't whine or try to push an agenda.
    He just gits gud

Also, the first exhibition match was rad.
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. judicatorofgenocide

Yea, I guess note to self, don't come to forums to ask vids to be posted.

Question though, why not Que the uploads to YouTube right after, or if busy wait until a time where you can Que uploads. Five games plus interviews would take less than two hours to upload, on decent connection.

I suggest waiting until a two hour window can be made to upload.

I would wait as long as needed to watch games back to back to conclusion. Instead of watch a match wait hours or days watch a match repeat.

I'm a big big fan of competitive play, as are several hundred others. All the people on the ladder dig the top dogs duking it out.

Sorry for my normal txt walls with miss spelling from txt Swype on phone, but I just think my proposal satisfies allot your viewer base, that have jobs and other responsibilities that don't allow them to watch live all the time.
  18. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Sorry JudicatorOfGenocide, I totally forgot about that. I added spoilers now and you could add them to your quote. I'll be more careful
    cptconundrum likes this.
  19. judicatorofgenocide

Np. this community is to cool most others would be like f u stay away from forums then
    cptconundrum likes this.
  20. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Uber has a pool of maps for various numbers of players, so it would be totally doable to prepare for an all Uber map event. I don't believe the maps are any more random than the ladder ones. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
    elodea likes this.