[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

No reports will be send for local games at all. If you see a local game reporting data that is a bug and needs to be fixed.
  2. evilhands

evilhands New Member

@cola_colin
    I have this wierd issue of a game reporting a wrong winner, (PAStats shows k1s3l/Crazy Ivan as the winner while the replay shows me(Killander) as the winner
    gameId=222283
    replay=17580515039362591837
    I thought you might want to know about it (not sure if it is a bug or something else)
    Happy Hunting :)
  3. Teth

Teth New Member

Is there a trouble shooting guide somewhere?

PA stats worked in early beta for me I have game stats on the site but it stopped uploading at some point probably due to a version change. I've tried removing it and adding it again, cleaned out my mods file manually too, it loads in game and I have the 1v1 button but I've played 2 games since and altho the game is visible because a friend also runs PA stats my stats aren't shown. I assume this is because the mod isn't working properly and uploading them. But no idea how to start diagnosing why.
  4. cola_colin

PA Stats should download the mod automatically, so it should not need updates. However a few month ago I switched the server and had to actually push an update that people had to actively download, if you still have that around it'll create issues.
    Though if you cleaned all mod files in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods" then there should be nothing left of the old mod, so if pamm shows your pa stats mod is up to date it should work.
    Can you run the UI debugger while playing a game? To do so open your copy of "E:\Games\PA\Planetary Annihilation\stable\Coherent\Debugger\Debugger.exe" whereever you may have PA installed.
    Then start a game of PA in windowed mode and try to set it to report data. Once you are ingame click Go in the debugger and search for live_game or similar, click it. Then switch to the console tab. Anything red is interesting there, show it to me. Additionally check the network tab. Are there any requests that go to an external server called http://ns393951.ip-176-31-115.eu/ ? Any information on them would be interesting as well.

@evilhands: I will fix that dataset in the next day or two I hope, thanks for the report.
  5. Teth

Teth New Member

I hadn't actually deleted all the sub folders last time in local app data so I did a reset of everything today before a game and it worked. Game stats uploaded live. Great mod!
    cola_colin likes this.
  6. cola_colin

zihuatanejo and Quitch like this.
  7. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Nice update, will be interesting to track this as the server gets updated, and of course for dedicated servers on different hardware, for comparative purposes.
  8. cola_colin

Thanks to Team Genesis for providing me with 13 new ranked maps, which replace the old ones. They are live now!
  9. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

10. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Fantastic! Gonna check 'em out now!
  11. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

stuart98 and Quitch like this.
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

eXodus did a rather informal stream today to test some of these maps out.

Last edited: October 21, 2014
    proeleert and stuart98 like this.
  13. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

This may sounds like a fundamentally retarded question, but

Where exactly does one download PA stats? I can't see it through PAMM and the link to PA stats, whilst it has an installation page, only has 2 links that both link to the same forum page, whereby I'm told to install PAMM

Edit: herp derp derp derp derrr

I found it, I'm gonna go lick a window, please feel free to ignore me
  14. Geers

Geers Post Master General

So to clarify, PAstats is compatible with the offline update and it won't mess anything up by dividing by 0, right?
  15. cola_colin

It should not report local games, as those do not get any unique ID assigned by playfab, so I can't tell them apart.
  16. cola_colin

[​IMG]

Time is switched back one hour today. It's screwed. Hopefully it should fix itself in an hour or two. A few games might end up deleted.
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. cola_colin

@stuart98
    @mered4
    you both seem to use some mod that breaks the alerts gathering for PA Stats, so i.e here there are no units in the army roster: http://pastats.com/chart?gameId=232897
    Same for many of your UberBalance testgames. Kinda sucks when one -like me- wants to see how unit compositions play out in them. Any idea which other mod it might be?

actually I have seen some more people with this issue. Really weird.
  18. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Cplosion, maybe?
    cola_colin likes this.
  19. cola_colin

this is ... weird
    Cplosion seems to trigger the errors that @wondible describes here: https://github.com/pamods/uimod-pa_stats/issues/26

But Cplosion has no javascript components it only changes stuff about explositon effects?
    wtf?
    I guess tomorrow I will fix the bug wondible found, maybe that solves it. If not.... this needs a lot of debug logs xD
  20. wondible

wondible Post Master General

And I'm not running Cplosion. Maybe it's a general timing thing and shadows affect timing?

FYI, this wasn't the problem with Puppetmaster; that issue was alertsManager filtering out events for unknown unit specs (drop_pod_launcher)