is it me or the AI in Galactic War always start with Air tech

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by melhem19, October 12, 2014.

1. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

i noticed that in all my Galactic war games the AI seems to have air tech, even on the first battle.

it is fine at first but later becomes annoying, especially that most of the time, i don't have basic air tech.
  2. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

the 3 different factions favor different styles, one goes air (probably what you have been running into) another tanks, and the third, bots. Avoid the tank guys, they are the strongest
  3. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

The GW AI doesn't have tech restrictions.
  4. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

really!, How?!
  5. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

AI loves air in normal matches as well.
  6. japporo

japporo Active Member

That's just the way it's currently coded. The AI always has access to all technologies; only the player is restricted.
  7. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Yes, the enemy AI always has air tech. It is possible they have no tech restrictions. That should also mean they have no buffs either.
    In turn your support commanders are tied to your tech, but they also benefit from all buffs you have (making late SupCom potentialyl very strong).

This is propably simply because the AI is best when it has air tech. You can say it is almost a requirement to have air for any AI.
    Air Factory will be 1st or secodn factory. The AI uses near exclusively air fabbers. The SupCom usually behaves terribly without Air tech.
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

In a mod im making, they do just fine without air units, but really prefer to use them.

I like totally nuked air, removed it from the game, and the AI just does everything ground or water based, it's lovely.
  9. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

There are some reports it jsut get's stuck with lacking vehicles (only bot+air). Never tried that myself, I just prefer Vehicles too much.

And my data was gathered by comparing the performance of SupCommanders against Ai commanders in GW. Even with Efficiency tech upgrades the lack of Air really hit thier abilities to counter the AI with air.