AI Not Bulding/Fighting

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jendrykgaming, August 27, 2014.

1. jendrykgaming

jendrykgaming Member

I'm sure this has probably been covered elsewhere but I wasn't really sure what to search for... "AI inactive," "AI not building," etc. so I figured I'd ask here.

Basically, every other game or so, when playing against an AI, it'll simply stop building anything but basic units after a very short build order. Sometimes, the thing just sits there and stares at me. It seems to be worse on the systems I've made, but half the time they operate fine.

For example, I played a 1v1 against a normal difficulty AI to try out a new system I made, 3 planets 2 moons, 2 starting planets. He got the opposite planet and I started building, got up to orbital/deepspace radar and noticed there was absolutely nothing in the skies. I figured maybe radar was buggy or the AI just hadn't built anything, but when I landed some units and brought in some orbital radar, I saw that the AI commander had just built a bot factory, a few power gens, and a ton of low tier bots.

The next game, on the same map, I did a 4 way FFA with 3 AI. I scouted my map and found the one who had spawned on my planet. It was just standing there, idle. I watched it for a while and it never moved, so I attacked it and ordered my units back. It still stood there. It would return fire, but nothing else, so I finally just blew it up.

I quickly built detection so I could see if I'd be wasting my time trying to play against AI that weren't playing and noticed all kinds of activity on the other planet, the AI playing out par for the course and taking over planets and moons. I found no trace of the fourth AI, however, who I'm assuming spawned on the same planet as the one I know was actually playing against me. In the replay, the fourth AI commander just stood there like the one that spawned on my planet until the other AI ran over and promptly blew it up.

All the AI I was playing against were normal difficulty, and I've seen this happen on several different systems, even ones with single planets and no moons.

Again, sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I'm kind of befuddled here. Is this a common thing? Is there anything I should do to avoid this in the future? It's been a while since I've played and I'm getting absolutely hosed by other players, so I'm trying to tighten up my build orders hotkey/macro skills against bots.
  2. BeepDog

BeepDog New Member

I'm currently having a similar problem.

The AI does nothing, regardless of the type of game I create, if I'm not playing with more people, it just sits there. Doing nothing, building nothing. I have no clue why.
  3. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

I call this the AI "gettign stuck". It happens most often with normal AI and most often on planets with water (as the AI seems to have issues with partially watery planets/starting points). I have not seen this happen to me for weeks now, but I usualyl play agaisnt hard AI.
    The best you can do is to provide a replay/replay ID so Sorian can take a look at what propably went wrong.
  4. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

I having this problem with the last few builds even with AI set to hard. AI commander justs sits there doesn't build anything. Tried on different planets and systems: Metal, Water no water ect.
  5. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Without replays there is no way to reproduce it. And thus no way to fix it.