Release Build: 73939

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, October 9, 2014.

1. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I had 60 FPS before zooming in on that specific area.

I do not see an option for V-Sync in the PA settings menu.
  2. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

V-Sync Could be a setting you have forced on in your video control panel, e.g. Ati CCC
  3. gerii

gerii Member

Price in the armory shows an additional .00
    price.png
    That really sounds like VSync.
  4. kjotak109

Not quite...I have V-Sync in the Nvidia Control Panel set to "Use the 3D Application Setting."

nvidia panel.JPG

If it's not V-sync, it could be that my graphics settings are way too high, or that I played on the PAX Prime system, which had five planets total (gas giant, earth planet, lava planet, moon, and metal planet).
  5. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

It doesn't currently work. It used to work... I am aware of the problem and will fix it as soon as I can.
  6. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

It sounds like Adaptive V-sync..
    Adaptive V-sync locks FPS at 30 and 60 fps depending on the current in game FPS.
    On my nVidia 320m and intel hd 4000 when the v-sync setting is set to use "3d app setting" and the program running doesn't specify a v-sync setting mine seems to default to using adaptive v-sync.

edit..
    \
    try using the "Always Off" v-sync setting in the video card control panel
  7. kjotak109

The last time I did that, I got screen-tearing when I panned around the planets.
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Does anyone know why my chronocam doesn't work? I have no mods (Running through PAMM in safe mode) and when I turn on chronocam I see it start to appear and then it goes away. The whole ui will lock up when that happens. Coherent crash maybe?
  9. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

PAMM has been kinda broken to me with the new PA patches.
  10. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

just got a "connection to server lost" in offline mode :p so connection to my own computer was lost? :p
    Assume the server.exe crashed.

Edit: Server.exe did crash, with a event-id: 1000 in the event log. Its seems to be relatet to MSVCP110.dll
    Last edited: October 11, 2014
    Remy561 and thetrophysystem like this.
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

[​IMG]
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Then it's definitely v-sync. It means your system can't handle 60FPS for what you're viewing so it drops to 30. As this is an OpenGL application you might have an option to force triple buffering, which should correct this.
  13. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

14. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

I can confirm even in the integretet steam shop it's in Italien :p
  15. superouman

superouman Post Master General

The water height slider is disabled for lava planets. You can only enter the value manually.
  16. carnilion

carnilion Member

nice thing : in all games i played with this patch ai didnt waste resources on nukes before the 30 min mark - may it be random luck or somthing changed (thx @sorian ^^). lets get next ai-relevatet point :
    at beginning he sends out this 2-3 unit squads to prevent someone to spam eco all over the map. this is very nice and the size of groups is ok.
    however later in game his armys are way to small, normaly consisting of 15-20 units per wave that also seem to be a little of too random units (and way too much basic bots). i would suggest he gets bigger armys consisting at least out of 35-40 units.
    also at lategame there should be always (often? depending on what the army should do) artillery units in it like adv bots/vehicles, and in general more "meat-shield"-long range units like basic tanks/adv bots. even basic bots do the job, but they are lost very fast when encountering an enemy army.
  17. kjotak109

What exactly did you do before the server.exe stopped working? And why is this related to Visual C++ 2012?
  18. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

I think I was moving a large group of avengers, the event log tells me its relatet to MSVP110.dll
  19. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

I uploaded french and italian translations for the Steam achievements yesterday. German and Spanish still coming. If you're seeing things in Italian, it's likely a Steam setting. The English translations should still be there. :)
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Garat, try to get those to display in English instead of Italian.

Hint: you can't.