Competitive Blitz?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Sakeriel, February 10, 2011.

1. Sakeriel

Sakeriel New Member

Just a thought, but I'll post it here to see what you all think about it.

Two-faced Blitz game, both teams entirely separated from eachother. Works just like a normal blitz match, with bot spawners at the rear of your base each with varying cash amounts. Say, 100, 300, 500, 1000, 1200 amounts and each one would spawn more and more bots. When you use the spawners, it causes additional waves and/or quantities of bots to spawn in your opponent's ring.

The idea is to use the bot spawners to overwhelm the opposing team and destroy their moneyball that way. This forces players to think about their expenditure, whether to spend money on skills, turrets, or to push the opponent with bots. I think it has the proper amount of depth considering even though you are not facing other pro's their decisions (and yours) will be a large factor in victory or defeat.
  2. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

someone has said this before

but it is an interesting one
  3. Heegu

Heegu New Member

It could work like the spawn war -type maps in starcraft and warcraft. You earn more income (which you receive every few minutes or so) for spawning bots. You have to decide between different things to spend on. Bots are of course a number one choice but you have to defend against the enemy by buying turrets and use the annihilator and perhaps buy juice.
  4. Mail

Mail New Member

So basically tetris attack applied to blitz?

Oh my god I would play that so hard.
  5. Runie

Runie New Member

I would love this :O
  6. Sakeriel

Sakeriel New Member

It's good to see some interest in this playstyle. Any expanded ideas or balance issues you guys can see might need to be addressed?
  7. Mail

Mail New Member

There would need to be a cooldown on types of bots, to avoid everyone just going support and spamming gapshots, or everyone going assault and spamming buzzers to auto-win.
  8. taste

taste New Member

i see a possible flaw:

one team decides not to spend any money on bots, and instead kills the incoming bots and just builds up skills and turrets. then they start saving for a few rounds. after they have a nice sum of money coming in, they just unleash hell on the other team who is already low on cash due to low amounts of bots coming in. so their turrets are not built up to par.

having another way to purchase those bots might would be needed. or have a constant flow of lesser bots come in on each team that do not need to be purchased. something like that.

but i do like the idea.

edit:

possible add-in for my above statement.

*start out with X amount of turret nubs
    *the 4 inner most turret nubs have been purchased for you, 1 of each type (all lvl 1)
    *no Annihilator, only Ejector's
    *each team has 4(or more) bot lanes
    *4 jackbot's (only 1 per lane) spawn @ 5 minutes into the match
    *after the 1st jackbot wave, the 2nd wave comes in half that time (2.5 minutes / 2:30)
    *after the 2nd jackbot wave, the 3rd wave comes in half that time (1.25 minutes / 1:15)
    *etc, etc, etc until you get down to 5 seconds in between waves, by this time the match should have ended

jackbots will provide much needed cash to keep up with the pace.
  9. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

But the team that is becoming poor should have the foresight to notice "hey, where the hell are all the bots?! Oh, those bastards IceMen are hoarding money to drown us in bots. Lets do the same!"

That way, the team that started saving won't be getting any more money either.

That's the flaw in your analysis - an egocentric view.

The problem is that the standard strategy would be to save and save and save, save more than your opponent.
  10. Sakeriel

Sakeriel New Member

The idea was to still have incoming bots on both sides like a sudden (or super) death blitz, the waves were increased in intensity by your opposing teams buying more bots that flood in with the wave. I like the Jackbot pressure idea to help keep the game from dragging into oblivion from hardcore turtlers.