Private server for dummies : explain to me plz

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Khalys, October 10, 2014.

1. Khalys

Khalys New Member

Hi,
    After reading a looot of doc about PA server, curves engine etc and new patch I thinked new patch allow us to create private server (not offline) for hosting an online party in order to suppr the slow-mo mid/end game.

Last night one of our players create a party with the Local server setting #on and create a classic "create game". And then he invite us into the party. We thought we are all playing on the friend computer (because documentation say if Local server is #on all party will be create localy) but he closed PA and we were able to continue playing so we were still on Ubberrent server.

We try creating a local game but invitation don't wok (login rejected).

So how to create a local server and invite online friends ? There is any mod/windows/mac/linux settings to monitor our local server (thread, memory/cpu load ).

Thanks for your herlp and sorry for my bad english
  2. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

Uber have not officially released the code so that you can invite online people to an offline game. What we have been given is the ability to host our own AI game or a LAN game.

There are modders out there frantically working on setting up something that will allow you to do what you want to.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  3. Khalys

Khalys New Member

Yep I read again Jables post and there it is : "as well as allowing you to set up your own server that will show up on our network!" But not for now