To those who played cod

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Smaz, February 10, 2011.

1. Smaz

Smaz New Member

Do any of you feel as though the assassin class is equal to those who use to run around with noob tubes and tac knifes with commando on cod?

Every time i use to get killed by tubes or a tac knife, i felt as though i was cheated by something that any one could get kills with.

Sure you can rack up the kills using tubes/tac knife, but you will never be a good player using them.

Im not flaming or saying the assassin takes no skill. Im just saying that too many people roll assassins because they can hide and get some easy kills. And that odd moment when i get killed by an assassin and look at his score of 3-15, i just facepalm hard.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Nope. I feel fine.

That said, I never had a problem with being tubed or knifed. They were only ever more effective than guns around corners, so I just learnt to expect them there and could counter them without much hassle.
  3. s0cks

s0cks New Member

Love it when I'm gunner and I hear that hum. I just deploy, and if I don't kill em front on, I undeploy and spam slam, then kill em. It's really funny watching them trying to grapple onto me :lol:
  4. jrave

jrave Member

If they are behind you, hold down space/jump instead of undeploying.. Crispy :mrgreen:
  5. bware

bware New Member

assisins are fine as they are, you know there ingame, so pratice how to counter them with any class.

normaly i find that if you kill a assasin one's, they not often come back for you again, but the rather go frag someone they exualy can kill...!
  6. Smaz

Smaz New Member

I know how to counter them. This isnt a ASSASSINS ARE OP topic, im just explaining that i hate how bad assassins get the occasional kill on me when im not concentrating.

Are you kidding me? :O i hated people ruining my beast streaks by firing a tube in my house :/ and i hated tac knifers worst. The ones that constantly have their tac knife out running around with mara/lightweight/commando are just the worst...they kinda remind me of assassins trying to face grapple me :p
  7. bware

bware New Member

so focus up:)
    if im not focused i get killed by all bad players, not only assasins:)
  8. BulletMagnet

They were predictable - that's how I put them in their place. When running around that fast they always missed me lying down in the shrubs somewhere.

That, or I just pulled out my 12-gauge.

Tubes required a different strategy, but if you sat still long enough for someone to tube you then you were definitely doing something wrong.

In any case, I only ever played team games - no, TDM is not a team game. That's just regular deathmatch where you don't shoot some people. It's like MNC that way.
  9. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

To those that played CoD: Welcome to a real game.
  10. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

:cool:
  11. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

:p
  12. Uncle_Coord

Uncle_Coord New Member

+1 to that.
  13. BulletMagnet

This is also true.
  14. Smaz

Smaz New Member

No matter how much you mightve sucked/hated cod, you have to admit its one of the best game series of all time.

(exept for black ops...my god did they screw blackops up)
  15. PezD

PezD New Member

World At War was the last good game.

And to me Assassins are a different kind of annoyance than tubes or Commando knifing with tac-knife were. Assassins are easy to counter as you can mostly hear them coming because of the HUMMM sound and all that. Tubes mostly flew out of nowhere and got you pretty easily and Commando was just purely cheap as it was more of a shotgun than the shotguns in Black Ops are now.
  16. Smaz

Smaz New Member

Nahh, mw2 was a very good game. The only downside to that game was that they chose iwnet over ded servers :/

Can i just say though, does anyone feel like the assassins lunge is = to commando pro? both annnoyances that i wishdidnt exist.
  17. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

I have no such obligations.
  18. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

yes i do.
  19. BulletMagnet

CoD4 was the best one of the franchise.

Story telling has always been brilliant, but for gameplay MW1 can't be beaten.

Back to MNC, I don't feel cheated when backstabbed while I was distracted - I was distracted. My concentration was elsewhere, and someone saw fit to profit from that fact.

Having one person draw fire and the other go in for the kill is no different to two people pumping me full of bullets.

Simply put, teamwork > individual skill. Since MNC is a team-based game, it'd be a tragedy if it were any other way.
  20. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

AHAHAHAHA-No. Not really.

COD4: Modern Warfare had a pretty damn good single player. It was the shinning peak of the series, and everything else has gone from mediocre and generic (previous CODs) to just... plain bad (MW2 and Black Ops).