Shop - Uber can earn money this way

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Artaniis, October 7, 2014.

1. Artaniis

Artaniis New Member

I have an idea. Uber can make small in-game shop (something like paying for commander's), with new skins for units or "parts" of commander's(only visual, cosmetic) to upgrade one you have.
    You may think it's stupid idea, but this can allow Uber to have money for keeping PA support.
    What do you think?

P.S Don't hate me for my bad english.
    Last edited: October 8, 2014
    spicyquesidilla likes this.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Well there already is an armory where you can buy custom commanders, but there's nothing planned for building your own commander.

The only "store" i know that will be coming is a mod marketplace built in to the game.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Uber has never confirmed that. It was more of a neat idea that they were considering at one point.
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Launch the game, then click on the armoury button. Just saying.
  5. Artaniis

Artaniis New Member

I know that. I'm just giving ideas. Maybe it will help Uber to have money for adding new content to PA.

@up As I said, i know that this is something similar.
  6. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

Well if you go to the armory you get this "shop"... but you say something of Commander UPG and this is unacceptable, not only because Uber is against that (it's not a bad thing in FA), but its because you break the skill involved on the game, making a game where the guy who send more money wins
    Also in FA you had this upg, but in game, so you can't buy then rush the enemy w/ your com only on less than 5 mins!
    A good example of how bad this would be is in MWO, because Clans mechs are "only" unlockable by paying(w/ real money), and Clans mechs are OP compared to the IS ones...
    But the Skins part, like your Theta having another head, or another arm, or even like what happens in MOBAs... would be very cool... also PA this way could take advantage of MMC and HR
    Last edited: October 7, 2014
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

WTF! Sources brian!

since when is the mod marketplace not a constant UBER promise?
  8. Artaniis

Artaniis New Member

I am not talking about "that" upgrades, it's visual side of it. Something like new gear for heroes in Dota 2. You can buy or not.

P.S Another idea, achivements ;)
  9. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

At this point we all should know better than to expect features simply because Uber has talked about them in any way before. If a feature has not been confirmed to be released in the near future we shouldn't believe know anything.
  10. Geers

Geers Post Master General

NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE. Cosmetics only.
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

It's something they very much want, but I don't think they ever promised it. Sources, tatsujb ;)

I do think it's a bit more than just "considered at one point" though.
    Artaniis likes this.
  12. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I think the burden of proof lies on you to prove that it is a promise, not on me to prove that Uber mentioned it would be cool.
  13. raphamart

raphamart Member

I think it would be great some kind of graphic set for units that is sold separately. Like now we have standard robots, but we could buy the same set of units with another skin, like camo or special colour combinations, or even with cool accessories... It could be called "Custom Unit Sets" or something alike.
  14. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

One bacon hat please.
  15. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Everyone wants it including Uber, but the safe thing to do is assume it isn't confirmed until they say something more about it. Uber hasn't really talked about this much since the early vague statements of "we want this."
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  16. spicyquesidilla

spicyquesidilla Active Member

I actually was thinking about this a while ago.
    Definitely would be cool if the armory became a skin shop similar to dota or lol (and those other mobas...)
    I know Starcraft HOTS gave specific unit skins for rewards on leveling your profile, the models actually looked really cool and seeing them in-game personally gave a sense of accomplishment. Whether the skins cost money or are rewards for achievements is up to the devs.

The armory could easily become a cosmetic marketplace. Buying a Dox skin like "zombie dox" where there is some pre existing damage or dox wreckage animated and running around in game would be pretty fun. Another thing the devs could do is give you a decal on the vanguard or something with tentacles if you backed hr, as another way of saying thanks for backing hr (cross game easter eggs are awesome).

At some point it might become hard to think of themes for skins, and I know some people would be opposed to gimmicky things like halloween skins, seeing a sniper bot running around with a witches hat and a broom as its gun isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Ultimately the armories purpose in pa should be discussed more than it is.
  17. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

NO. That's stooping pretty low when you sell more advanced parts. That is NOT GOOD. I realize that, for the most part, it is inconsequential, but in com boxing it puts you at a disadvantage and I really don't want to have a disadvantage against someone simply because I didn't want to pay 20 more bucks.

Even a level system where you "unlock" more parts is a bad idea, because PA doesn't seem like something that would have that.
  18. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

@Artaniis, I think it may be worth mentioning in your original post that you mean cosmetic upgrades to the commanders only.
    Edit: I know you mention this later, but not all people read the entire thread xD.
    Artaniis likes this.