On why SMNC failed and what that means for PA

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tiblolan, October 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

It also doesn't accomplish anything to spam forum threads with "nyeh nyeh told you so. Im smarter than u"
    elkanfirst likes this.
  2. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

jeffwadsworth, Nicb1 and cdrkf like this.
  3. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Metacritic needs to die.
  4. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

They do not need to give anything more to PA, but lets hope they will. And I think that PA stopped making any real money (on level Uber needs to pay bills) already and that is reason we had unfinished release and now new kickstarter. Also probably reason for delayed offline mode, they know sales will drop dead when they release offline with unbalanced and unpolished game like PA is now.

Game is good for beta tag, mediocre for released and terrible if it will get only minor updates from now on.
    bradaz85 and tunsel11 like this.
  5. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

No, if they promisse something they need to give us!
    bradaz85, elkanfirst and ozonexo3 like this.
  6. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

Its disgusting how people pick like 1 sentence of Tibs very well made Thread, post a for the most part senseless sentence and think theyve done well of defending Ubers pride.
    Anyway, Tib, im pretty grateful for the post, i never cared about MNC or SMNC (i heard from it for the first time when i bought PA Alpha and checked the Forums), and your wall of text kinda showed me the SMNC history. After checking TBs videos i got kinda curious, but i guess it makes no sense trying to get into a dead game.

Sadly, this demolished the last hopes for Uber fixing core issues with PA. At the very start of PA there even was a thread by Uber, which features they want in PA, which they dropped and which they talk about. And now you kinda dont hear a peep.
    I GUESS HR will not completely reach its goal, for better or worse, because people get a bad feeling when Ubers involved.
    And i kind of have to defend Tib in one thing, even though, i dont know if its true if he is a toxic player, one single toxic player doesnt run a game into the ground. And even more, you will for the most part not find multiplayergames with a large community which is actually nice. Toxity doesnt come with games but with internet, at least thats what i think.

The thing is, i dont know whats going on in Ubers office. If they just ignore the Forums altogether or just decide to now react right now. I will stay at PAs body, really hoping that Ubers giving themself a big push give PA the attention it deserves.
    Because Uber going down would help nobody, neither the Devs, the whiner (to which probably i belong) nor the fanboys.
    elkanfirst likes this.
  7. TerrorScout

TerrorScout Member

This is why private servers and mod support is essential most studios get closed after launch unless they have another game project advance. Without PA there would be no Uber and without a new project Uber would need to be laying off people now.

I was hoping for a PA expansion with things like new factions with unique game play. And I do wish Uber was able to do more updates like Star Citizen but there not as well funded they may want to look at CIG's crowd funding platform there working on to help you manage a never ending crowd funding project.

PA is working really well for me now and is good enough for a released non AAA title what they have done is really amazing and I hope they only get better and more open as we go.
  8. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

That is naive and wishful thinking. Do you also get angry when your Hamburger looks terrible compared to picture in menu? Yes they promised us stuff, but that does not force anything on them, they already did that 2 terrible pr moves: making release of half done PA and starting new kickstarter. There is nothing left that can ruin their reputation even more. So by just stopping any real support for PA they do not lose much more, that's why there is nothing that forces them to work on PA. I still hope they will do it, but from pure business perspective atm working on PA is losing money.
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Actually they are obligated to, as even the Steam page showed the features on the Kickstarter. If they don't, I suspect a mass refund...

Anyway, how do you know PA is failing? From each update bringing in a thousand of people, or the commanders sold in the armoury, (I actually see them quite often), they seem to be doing quite nice, at least for the moment.
    Gerfand and tigerwarrior like this.
  10. tigerwarrior

tigerwarrior Active Member

My last post before my hiatus: People feel like PA is failing for no other reason than their own brain going "THIS JUST CAME OUT... CANNOT... COMPUTE REASONS". Arguing with them is a fruitless endeavour because there will always be someone new to pick up their torch and immediately make a new thread with a second thought as to the fact this issue may have already been closed. People view the game as failing because a new game is getting announced. Which is also in itself laughable because no one ever accused Call of Duty to be a failing game despite a new release yearly.
  11. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

I dont know your friends, man, but everyone I know does know that CoD is a failure in itself by now. And, to talk to you like you talk to others, going all out "OH NOES GAME IS SHITTY BUT MY FANBOYISMN DENIES ME OF ACCEPTING THAT UBER LIED TO EVERYONE, WHATS A FACT =(("
    I am kind of sick of you folks, thinking everybody critizicing the game is somewhat of an angry bummer, and only true fans saying how awesome everything is should be allowed on the forums. Guess what, kinda useless to talk to any of both, because i am not here to change your opinion, but to form the opinions of those visiting the forums for the first time.
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Uber lied to everyone? Where?
    maxcomander, pizwitch and squishypon3 like this.
  13. squishypon3

CoD definitely isn't a failure, the fact it can stay the exact same (using an engine since 2007) and just Bull**** it's way to having millions of people buy it's game every year or so is... A real accomplishment.

Basically it's a complete win for the devs for it, they don't do much yet get a huge pay out for it.

Finally people seem to realize how terrible it is with Ghosts, but even still there are endless amounts of players playing it, across all platforms.
  14. tigerwarrior

tigerwarrior Active Member

I'm not a fanboy, and the one who doesn't have the facts is you. Here let me grab something RIGHT outta what you said "i am not here to change your opinion, but to form the opinions of those visiting the forums for the first time." Good job -claps- You are sooo wise and powerful that you alone can form the opinions of people visiting. You are nothing but an angry clot, a person who spits out falsities and his own anger. Do you know why I'm here posting? To keep people from eating up your bullshit like it is a fact. You're nothing but a speculative piece of "look at my brain; I r teh smartest". Do not insult me for actually SUPPORTING a developer while YOU sit here on THEIR forums complaining. PEACE!
  15. squishypon3

Whoa there, don't go overboard.

Calling people trolls, haters, etc... is just as bad as them calling you a fanboy.

I don't like it when people use those terms in a conversation or debate, as that just confirms there's no reason to even talk, because that's not how you debate. It's like the President just calling the guy he's debating with a (enter your favorite party here) fanboy or troll because they disagree. Which would be very very wrong.
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Brad told me the blueberry pancakes in Seattle were good. They weren't.
  17. squishypon3

*Gasps*

Burn them! More hot peppers for Brad!
  18. jeffwadsworth

jeffwadsworth Member

As was stated several times before: SMNC was not a successful game and thus it died. Say your prayers over its corpse and leave flowers. Move on.
  19. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

Okay, u wanna know, i tell ya:
    Multiplayer / coop galactic war, dont see much of that

100 custom commander soon inc? i dont think so

Yeaaahh, sorry, i dont see many rankings right now :3

U can check like ANY Q & A done by them and u will find a fckin lot of stuff they said they 100% gonna implement but never did. Get real.
  20. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

I agree, don't see any lies from uber, see a lot of baseless acusations from people with unrealistic expectations, but as far as I can see uber has been more open and honest than any other developer.

The way certain people have reacted have made me realize just how difficult it is for developers, and also why many devs don't engage with there comunity at all (beyond official press releases).

Shame really as being part of the pa comunity has been one of the most rewarding experiences yet...
    DeadStretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.