PA within MNC Universe?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Polynomial, August 31, 2012.

1. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Yes/no/maybe so/never even occurred to anyone? There's precedent for something like this (Halo Wars, Tom Clancy...)

I only ask because the art direction is basically identical haha.

Besides, Jackbot rush FTW!
  2. corhen

corhen Member

you have to realize, atleast in TA, that the human race is dead.. their decendendens are dead, all the planets in the setting are more or less dead.. all you have are cloned brains and Copy Pasted AI's fighting on dead worlds over a war whos reasons have been half forgotten...

hell, some of the maps they fight on are dead superweapons, whos purpose has been forgotten, and the knowladge contained in them have been lost...

from what i have heard, PA is going the same route, so PA could be SMNC's FUTURE, but not its present.

*EDIT* Come to think of it, SMNC could be part of the universe.. and abandoned game stadium run on automatic, with Cloned commentators and cloned players playing infront of a false audience... for tens of thousands of years, as humanity fights a war against itself, and looses...

that WOULD take the game to the next level!
    Last edited: August 31, 2012
  3. galaxy366

galaxy366 Member

Really original.

I would like to see space ponies :lol:

Why not have this game take place millions of years before humanity ? Way cooler then having it in the year 2670 with humans righting.. :/
  4. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I am actually interested in what kind of universe this is set in. I don't think they can use the TA one.
  5. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

I don't think that was explicitly stated nor even necessarily implied...

The ARM and CORE were/are both "humans"... one uses cloning and presumably genetic engineering, the other has transferred human consciousness to machines.
    Geers likes this.
  6. corhen

corhen Member

while its not confirmed that its a simmilar setting as TA.. all the vibes i have been getting are that way...

and thats what i mean by cloned brains vs copied AI, by that point i dont think you can call them "humans" any more!
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

According to the "Monday Night" system in Galactic War, the system was owned by spunky cola, which went brankrupt due to humans no longer existing. I guess it nods at being in the same universe at different times. Not like it matters.
  8. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

You want space ponies? Go play Sins of a Solar Empire lol
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

[​IMG]
  10. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

In my story, (click below), it is in the TA universe.
  11. archmagecarn

archmagecarn Active Member

Isn't there an MNC reference in one of the Galactic War planet descriptions?