Digital Artwork book Steam Backers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Zaniaac, September 5, 2014.

1. Zaniaac

Zaniaac Member

Will we receive our Digital artwork book or will it be after release? I know we received the Soundtrack and the Desktop wallpaper was posted on the website, but where is my digital artwork? Clearly I know you guys haven't forgotten about right? Or will it be another "Soon" Quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing the word. "Soon" came and now its release day.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

They said physical rewards will come around release day. It will literally probably be the first thing they move onto from release, is finalizing everyone's addresses for physical shipments.

I am waiting for mine from kickstarter, including the usb stick :D

Also, they said they have the t-shirts in their office.
  3. Zaniaac

Zaniaac Member

None of my stuff is physical, its a digital artbook. If its a physical item, then I can understand the delay for after release date, but this is something they can upload to steam and put in the PA folder
  4. thetrophysystem

Ooo right. Takes time publishing, because there is a physical and digital version of the item. They probably have to have the physical version ready, in order to make a proper digital version with every single page on a pdf or whatever.
  5. Zaniaac

Zaniaac Member

I find it hard to believe that a artbook isn't done by now. You would think they would of had this all planned out, but I guess not. The release date of the game just seems kinda hashed together, like they just wanted to say "Hey were finished" Then said "Oh wait, what about the **** that comes with it?" "Na, we'll just say "Soon" and they will understand. Well, I paid money for something and I want it.
  6. thetrophysystem

Well, they can't just throw art in a book at the last second either.

They have the art, as well as thousands of hours of stored recording of their development (for a promised documentary), but both is raw images and raw video, until it is made into a book or documentary.

For the instance I used, the digital artbook, in order to be the artbook like the physical one, has to be made around the same time. Deciding to change the cover last minute changes the two from being the same, a problem.
  7. Zaniaac

Zaniaac Member

If they don't have all this stuff ready to go, why release the game? I just thought I would ask, I already knew what the answer was going to be but I thought it would be a good question.
  8. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

because this is right around holiday season and releasing your game around that time means money and they also just spent a LOT on pax, that's a lot of advertizing.
    Last edited: September 5, 2014
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

We don't know if these won't be at release, these assumptions are even further off than our regular ones. :p
  10. Zaniaac

Zaniaac Member

They should change the steam page then
  11. thetrophysystem

No, just, less this, more "they have the physical goods on time".

I mean, even "on time" by kickstarter promised standards according to them "having the t-shirts in their office".

This is a non-issue, speculation based on not having it now opposed to the time.

Reference: http://www.uberent.com/pa/faq/

Not that ambiguous a reference. Right around launch. Some things like wallpaper and soundtrack, came early as digital. Not all digital came early, the artbook for instance. It has a physical copy variant, likely the reason why. The physical stuff is really close to ready, really close to release too.

Another reference: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...nihilation-a-next-generation-rts/posts/945464

What does the steam page say? I get a lot of hints that people read wrong on steam and nordic...
  12. selfavenger

selfavenger Active Member

Hi @Zaniaac,

Digital and Physical content aren't required for release. Would you rather them delay release so everyone can get their digital art books at once? as @thetrophysystem said it's not a simple whack it together and it's done. These things actually take a lot of time. I would imagine the digital art book would be the same as the physical one. For that reason it probably won't be ready until the physical art book has been signed off on.

As end users we might get an art book and it could take us 5 minutes to look through it and go "ok that was rad... onto the game" but it actually can take months of work. Discussions back and forth trying to first determine the mood/feel of the art being presented and as well tell a story of development and design. It's not as simple as people might think.

Cheers,

-Todd
    Quitch likes this.
  13. Zaniaac

Zaniaac Member

As I've said, it seems like they are trying to push the game out of in a rushed state. Offline mode isn't in, certain features arent in and the premium bonus content that said would be available "At release" wont be either. Anyway. Somebody close this thread. I just wanted to ask a simple question and my anger got in the way.
  14. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

15. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General