Fun tactics

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ef32, October 4, 2014.

1. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Can you guys suggest some fun tactics that one can execute in a casual match?

I once hijacked a heavily fortified planet. I multi-nuked space on the side of the planet opposite from main base to clear some space, sent tons orbital fabbers to build a gate and teleported huge amount of advanced fabbers. As planet only required one engine, I built it in no time, and instantly launched it into other planet. This all happened rapidly, they didn't have time to react at all, probably was a big wtf moment for them.

So, I want to know about more fun tactics like that. Not troll tactics, but things that are fun and somewhat viable (but fun > effectiveness).

Some simple examples: reclaiming enemy base/commander with swarm of advanced combat fabbers, using commander as main assault force early game. Well, something that is unusual and fun.
    someonewhoisnobody likes this.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Building a couple hundred boom bots (more is better) and then sending them through a quick teleporter, then dragging the attack command will completely destroy the enemies metal before they can react.
    tunsel11 and ef32 like this.
  3. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Nuking enemy jigs etc. Around gas giants, yes kind of troll but still. :D
    tunsel11 likes this.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Air fabs reclaim enemy army where the enemy forgot to build aa! :D
    Remy561 likes this.
  5. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

That would be epic lol
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I did it once, a looong while back. I had about 30 - 50 air fabs, he kept sending large armies and I'd just go on a reclaim frenzy. I was low on metal so it was saving my economy at the time... Eventually he caught on and sent like 2 fighters XD
  7. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

It's a common trick to use Orbital Fabbers to reclaim the commander. The only early game counter is umbrellas or having early orbital. If the enemy forgot both you should get in quite some damage and chaos as he scrambles to counter this attack.
    Naturally easier with different planet spawn (as the Orbital Fabber can just drop in on the commander itself).

I don't see where that is troll. I think the Gas Giant was left nukeable intentionally, at least till we get a orbital anchor counter.
  8. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

I like this tactic in massive single small planet FFAs, like 8 players on 400m planet. Nobody, NOBODY expects any orbitals in such situation. Then some guys are like 'why my factories just randomly explode?'. And since you naturally get very little metal in such setup, this really helps to boost your eco. Win/win.
  9. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Nobody expects the Orbital Factory Inquisition! :)
  10. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

Hahahah yeah I had a huge FFA game and one guy had started reclaiming 2-3 peoples bases with orbital. One guy "Why are my factories and fabbers just exploding randomly..."
  11. steambirds

steambirds Member

Build stupid numbers of bot factories and set up some heavy defenses around your base, and wait until you have a load of dox. Then unleash the horde.
  12. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

BTW, I've been reclaiming enemy comms from orbit many times, but never been on receiving end. Do they get 'commander under attack' alert? Any other hints that you are being reclaimed?

I seriously think that orbital reclaiming needs proper animation, so you know that something is in the orbit doing damage to you. Because when I do this, people don't realize what's going on. Maybe even I was orbital reclaim victim, but never knew it because it is not obvious. So far I consider that this happened zero times to me.
    Remy561 likes this.
  13. mabn

mabn Member

You can use enemy teleporters. Pretty fun if you send him some bomb bots as commander is often nearby on the other end ;)