XShadowStormX's Pro Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by XShadowStormX, August 12, 2010.

1. Adree1

Adree1 New Member

Look near the inner supports beside the Moneyball for a little mini-billboard.
  2. EthanCrad

EthanCrad New Member

Look for Spunky Signs to buy Juice. I only ever use it as a last resort and if i havent spent all my money. It seems that theres never a support and I have learned that a team with a good support usually wins the game. This is because the team do not have to worry so much about protecting their moneyball and more onto attacking.

I was wondering, What does Skill acctually do? I mean I lost some skill from a bot and I was unsure how it affected me.
  3. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Thanks! Looks like I'll have to setup an Assassin Moneyball Blitz class now.
  4. Banditz

Banditz New Member

When is the most effective time to use juice? Rushing a base? Getting shot at and about to die?
  5. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

If you can time it to take out upgraded turrets with a bot creep you usually can also get an opponent or two.
  6. devorax

devorax Member

Whatever works for you...

But I guarantee shadow would out play whatever tactic you put out =]
  7. intelekt

intelekt New Member

Shadow I played against you as sniper earlier this evening.. it was fun and we kept trading kills.. I changed to support and you kept killing me.. did I upset you??

Heh, good games, we played about 4-5... all were pretty epic.
  8. Polynomial

We'll just have to see that after I'm #1 on the leaderboards =)
  9. tlbww

tlbww New Member

^ Killing Bouncers with a charge makes Assaults quite awesome.
  10. Proven

Proven New Member

What's a good anti sniper strategy when they get up on your bridge with two ice traps surrounding them? The best I've come up with is to switch to Assault and spawn some Buzzers.
  11. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

A large part of my person spending for the game is on juice or hazards. I keep my skills lower depending on the team this way I have money to be able to drop on turrets as well.
  12. Polynomial

What do you mean by hazards ShadowStorm? Ejectors/annihilators?
  13. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Assassin, counter snipe them or Assassin?

The bottom line is this: If a sniper is taking you out, beat fire with fire. If you can't out snipe them then switch to Assassin and then cloak, use your red skill and jump to get above them and then backstab away. If they happen to have armor on a custom sniper then make sure you have a sword.

Yes, ejectors can keep a streak going and are easy ring outs while getting the annihilator when it is up I believe is key to a good push.
  14. Proven

Proven New Member

Blah, I was hoping you could give me something. So far I've been able to find ways to deal with every class by just changing up playstyle or upgrade priorities without having to change class.
  15. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

If they're on your bridge? Cough...airstike?
  16. Ladnil

Ladnil New Member

There's your problem right there. Class balance in this game is pretty well done to where everything seems to have a good counter, and sometimes the counter isn't the class you're playing. Just call out the sniper to your teammates. If you don't have a mic or your teammates don't, you should go ahead and assume you wouldn't have won the game anyway unless the other team is bad.
  17. TrMako

TrMako New Member

With respect, I think that's a pretty poor assumption to make. I've had plenty of games, in this and numerous other shooter games, where nobody on my team had mics and we would still win against other good teams. And plenty of games where everyone has a mic but just shouts complaints or useless random stuff all game and we lose.

Whether your team has mics or not makes no difference, it's how you use them. And you'd be surprised how effective and cohesive a good group of players can be without saying a word. Just a matter of being perceptive and playing smart.

Yes, mics can help, but it's not like they're the end all be all.
  18. Proven

Proven New Member

Uh, Support's my favorite class. Of course I've been using airstrike. However, a Sniper is going to know you're coming, and he'll have easy of headshots or just upgraded sniper bullets, and if you get past that he can still just move out of the way of the explosion. If you stick him, he'll just quickly drop under the walkway. After all of that, yes, you have a chance now to just shotgun him, but he has a chance of a no scope, or sniper grapple.

So he has the advantage until you can even them out.

I do call it out to teammates, as I'm always playing with a mic, so I suppose that's all I can do without swapping classes and dealing with it myself, yeah.

And yes TrMako, mics don't make it alone, it takes communication and teamwork. But mics are what allow much of that in this game.
  19. Ladnil

Ladnil New Member

Well, if you don't think communication is important, play as the assassin and smokebomb jump to land directly on top of the sniper for a grapple.
  20. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Okay then here is what I would do if I am Assault and having trouble with a Sniper. Buzzer is a good idea but sneaking up on him is the next best thing.

You know his position because he just sniped you from it right? So get around him and either throw your mine to his head for a one shot kill (or make it level 3 for an area kill if he is a stock armor sniper).

If that fails use your hover to get over his traps and charge him with level 2 if he is stock to kill or a level 3 charge to throw him out of the arena.