Are you going to back Human Resources?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Pawz, October 3, 2014.

?

Are you going to back Human Resources?

1. Yes, I believe in this company and this project. 115% support Take My Money!

56 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Yes, but I'm holding back for now. Lets see how it plays out

32 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. No, but I would if they wrapped up the outstanding issues in PA first

107 vote(s)
    42.0%
  4. No, not going to back anything - will check back when it's released.

60 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. pizzapotamus

pizzapotamus Member

Is there any answer they could give on DRM at this stage that's not going to piss someone off? Maybe not. However it seems to me like saying "sure we have no problem with DRM, in fact it's cheaper" is far worse PR than "yes HR will support offline play which will be built upon the self hosted server support we are currently finishing up in PA". So I'll just take them at their word that they like DRM.
    Last edited: October 4, 2014
  2. nelko

nelko New Member

My first reaction when I saw the Kickstarter email:

Whoa, so PA is finished already?

My second reaction when I read all the comments / reviews on Steam (via the PA on Sale email):

What the...?

My third reaction when I evaluated the release build:

::facepalm::

My fourth reaction when I read HR's fine print on offline mode:

::facepalm::

::shake head::

My last reaction when I saw the threads regarding offline mode in the near future:

Delete Uber's Kickstarter email.
    Uninstall PA.
    Open Kickstarter email for another RTS developer that may still deliver.

I can't say that I didn't -- at least one time -- see this coming.
    damnhippie, elkanfirst, doud and 2 others like this.
  3. omega4

omega4 Member

As I wrote in another thread, "Perception is reality...."

I think Uber grossly mismanaged the perceptions of the public (especially its PA customers) in announcing a kickstarter for a new game while the current one isn't finished.

At least EA and DICE had the decency to halt all work on future DLC content until the main Battlefield 4 game was "fixed".

Uber? Not so much....
    ace63, stuart98, damnhippie and 3 others like this.
  4. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

No because PA still has a lot of issues, too many issues especially on Linux the performance really isn't great.

Online only as well....noooooooope.
    obamadagodman likes this.
  5. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

They said so. And regarding EA, I can't really trust any statement of this kind from them. :3
    igncom1 likes this.
  6. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

I don't understand the anti EA point of view. They had the best humble bundle in history and donated it all to charity and still give games away for free.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

stuart98 likes this.
  8. valheria

valheria Active Member

I aint backing it because of Ubers track record.. I would love to back the game as it is a awesome idea but i seriously do not like the company and refuse to help them.. shame really
  9. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I like the HR "concept".
  10. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

I think your poll is missing an option. I'm probably not going to back it, but it has nothing to do with Uber or PA or anything, i just personally am not as interested in the premise.
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I don't know why anyone bothers to create polls utilizing the forum poll feature when it is so clearly broken to the core as has been pointed out again and again. Absolutely nothing good is likely to come out of it and there are far better alternatives. Due to the many flaws in forum polls any and all data collected from them should therefore be ignored for the purposes of argument.
    vyolin and igncom1 like this.
  12. gus4544gs

gus4544gs New Member

It seems cool and im very intrested but its just not PA :/ PA was the game ive been waiting for my whole childhood the ability to field a massive army across a plannet and move on to another planet with an invasion, really the only thing PA is missing from that childhood dream is missles(like nukes but not as strong o_O) and be able to be shot down by catapults(the tactical missiles) AND orbital navys, and I mean FLEETS of ships in deep space not just the orbital layer.
  13. omega4

omega4 Member

Given the recent news regarding Human Resources, it appears that the saying "Perception is reality" holds true once again.

I'll also add that I still believe Uber grossly mismanaged the perceptions of the public (especially its PA customers) in announcing a kickstarter for a new game while the current one isn't finished. I think the recent developments also bear this out....
  14. void2258

void2258 Member

For those disappointed by the failure of the KS for HR, Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance are on sale on steam today. Don't forget to get Forged Alliance Forever so you can play multiplayer.
    tatsujb likes this.