Are you going to back Human Resources?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Pawz, October 3, 2014.

?

Are you going to back Human Resources?

1. Yes, I believe in this company and this project. 115% support Take My Money!

56 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Yes, but I'm holding back for now. Lets see how it plays out

32 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. No, but I would if they wrapped up the outstanding issues in PA first

107 vote(s)
    42.0%
  4. No, not going to back anything - will check back when it's released.

60 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. burlayz

burlayz Member

If the game's using the same scaffolding, so to speak, shouldn't alternate OS support be a shoe in?
    I'm not really knowledgeable about game engines though, so...

Did Uber not think there were enough PA buyers with OSX or Linux to warrant the effort?
    Planktum likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

well do you play PA on linux? because currently the "scaffolding" for PA on linux is far from done.

with that in mind it makes alot of sence that they would no longer want the hassle of dealing with linux.
  3. klovian

klovian Member

Well, it sounds good on paper, but I rather enjoy having my testicles.

Plus, I don't know of many people who go out of there way to be castrated.

There maybe something in this trend.
  4. nineball1986

nineball1986 New Member

Sorry uber, your not getting any more money from me when you launch a game missing critical features, have the cheek to call it 1.0 then split its resources to make another damn game.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well that sounds like they'll add in Offline & Linux support as stretch goals, i.e. don't count it out just yet :)
  6. n00n

n00n Active Member

It's working great for a lot of us. You should post more info to get help in the thread you started.

Yes but it's an annoyance having to wait for the goal to be added and then track if it's reached so you don't end up with a useless game for a different platform.
    bradaz85 and cdrkf like this.
  7. cdrkf

Well hopefully if it's one of the first stretch goals- you can wait until it's achieved and then chip in. I think it might be worth starting a thread in the Human Resources forum to find out *how many* people are interested *if they provide support*... I would certainly back Linux support (I dual boot windows + Ubuntu and have done for a long time).
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Ah right. I had interpreted it as after the Kickstart campaign. You are probably right. They did the same thing with Linux for PA if I recall correctly. It wasn't a stretch goal, but added in later during the campaign.
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

*ERRRP*

WRONG!

I can distictly remember chanting the linux-praise for PA way before KS ever finished.
  10. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Eh, yeah, that's what I said. "Added in later during the campaign". :)
  11. wowylied

wowylied Member

Maybe. I will be honest and say that i am still dispointed by the lack of offline in PA.
    How much ? I am shared between 90 and 250 (even if i would love the 1000$ reward but this would be a to big hole in my budget...)
  12. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Yeah, I meant Uber not the forums. The forums are prone to instant hysteria over any small thing. Still this was awful timing.
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. elkanfirst

elkanfirst Active Member

The more I read your posts, @cwarner7264, the more I have to agree with @zweistein000.
    Malisane and bradaz85 like this.
  14. sevmek

sevmek Active Member

There is still work to be done for Linux support in PA, see FS#4000
    PA#4000

The UI is still crashing...

Beside, no Linux support for HR, nothing about DRM? Well, I can't back this, like some other people here. The concept seems fun.
  15. cdrkf

Reading between the lines I think Linux support & offline will be added as stretch goals during the campaign so may be worth keeping an eye on it for now.
  16. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

TBH I've got 500 eur saved up, a PSU that I can use for a new computer already purchased, and at least another 400-500 eur if not more that was promised. I just cna't give it aways because I lach an international credit card. Yes living is Slovenia is like living under a rock o_O At this point I'm surprised I managed to get this muchso I really don't need a kickstarter :p Besides what would I offer as rewards?
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. kerbalweirdo123

kerbalweirdo123 New Member

I would back if I had money to spare, but only $40, because I don't think getting another copy of PA and a bunch of other stuff I will never use is worth $90, I'll just stick with the beta and that $50 of SMNC money (that I'll never use).

Edit: Grammar
  18. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

I'd back 20$, but I wish it gave early access as well, don't want to jump into the game when other already played for year. I wouldn't give more cuz I'm poor, lol.
  19. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

From Uber i only buy games when they released .
    Wont happend again i buy a fail game has PA....... Never + from uber.....
    But this one looks fun....
  20. nephandys

nephandys Member

Nope. Over promise and under deliver every time.
    bradaz85 likes this.